Is this ready yet?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by caseyJ, Dec 19, 2012.

1. It is a question many of the experts no doubt get tired of hearing, but I really need an expert opinion or three here.

First, I am into day 60 of flowering on my absolutely fantastic first grow! I can't believe the success I am having, but I am working my ass off too, so no surprise, eh?

Here's my latest journal entry today, Wednesday Dec. 19th.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1113207-casey-j-s-first-grow-journal-4.html

Back to the question at hand, "Is it ready yet?"

One of the strains I have is the Afghan Kush Special. She looks great! She is supposed to finish at eight weeks, but she is four days into week nine and she still doesn't look quite ready yet. I plan on chopping my Chemdawg this Friday, and would like to chop the AKS too.

I am not seeing any amber trichomes and her pistles haven't really turned brown in full force yet. I don't mind if she's a little early because I like the psychedelic, up, head high of cloudy trichomes, which she has quite a few. Go back to my grow journal and see the pics on the AKS and tell me what you think. To chop or not to chop.

2. I didn't check your journal to be honest but if you've got a microscope to view the trichs, just wait until they're all at least cloudy. Most likely it'll be about 20% amber 70% cloudy 10% clear when you should start the flush.

What method are you using for harvest? Any full dark cycles?

3. I think I'm going to wait it out for a few more days. It just goes to show you that the breeder info on harvesting is not exact. If it say's eight weeks, it probably means "eight weeks plus or minus a week. The plant will tell you when it's ready.

I got a beautiful and very potent HSO Chemdawg that will be ready to chop tomorrow. She will be coming out of the grow room this am and kept in the dark for another 24 hours before chopping her down. I have smoked some of her "lower" buds and it is devastating stuff:smoking:

4. ^ that's always a good sign when the larf is amazing!

In going tomorrow to get a scope aswell, nothing tells you it's ready other than the plant itself