Is this ready to harvest?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by schwagright88, Jun 5, 2020.

1. This is my first run btw. Amnesia at 55th day of flower. The info I got from the seed bank said 60-70 days of flower. I know the pics suck and never really seem to do the plants justice. If anyone knows a fantastic setting on iPhone 7 for grow room please do share that info. I tried taking some with my loupe against my phone lens of the trichomes. I don't expect anyone to actually be able to tell if theyre milky but a lot of them are and there are some spots with amber trichomes too. I was hoping however that someone could tell by the amount of pistils pointing out and maybe just size or form of the buds in general. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. I mean............its REALLLLLY hard to tell under that light..............how bout pics under norm light???

3. Im a tard. Here you go.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. MUUUUUUUUUUUCH better.....:passing-joint:

This is just from my opinion...........but I say it could go another 4 or 5 days............

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ok. Much appreciated.

6. Again, thats just me my freind...........wait for others..........please dont go by JUST what I say........

• Like Like x 1
  7. agree ^ a week or so still see some white pistils.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Thanks. I did Amnesia, Durban Poison, and White Widow. The Amnesia's look way better than the rest. Denser looking plants and loaded with buds. Looks more indica dominant but the bank says theyre 90% sativa. The widows I think are perhaps a slower grow. Or maybe I stunted them somewhere down the line. I feel like I've had some good luck for a first timer. And what an education you pick up with this stuff. I thought I was pretty sharp on gardening, but looking back now, three months ago I didn't know shit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. i feel you 7 months ago i was growing in my closet with a bulb, ordered led lights , harvest came not even a zip LOL bought a tent and everything then came up on 4 zips, im now a greenhouse grower

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yes!!! I’ve been cloning too. I made sort of a make shift tent/room so I can have some vegging with flower in the big house. My first clones are about 18”. Do you clone? If done properly do they have the potential to yield as much as a plant grown from seed? So many options it’s kind of nerve racking. Kind of thinking about just doing SOG and keep the clone train going, but I want kind of want to try some other strains too. I just put some OG kushes in the big house and cut a few clones from them. What seed bank do you use? And I apologize. I feel like a kid with ADHD comin at ya. I guess I just never get to talk to anyone about it and have a bunch of pent up convo I have to release

11. Why am I the only dick thinking these plants can go til the end of June? LOL
    Seriously, patience is your biggest enemy. From my view, a week or less just isn't cutting it.
    But great looking bud. Good luck!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Haha, a dick you are not.............posting your opinion is the essence of this site, IMO...........with that said......another whole month would be overload........but it really does ALLLLLLLLL depend on how you like your bud.....:passtheshit:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Thanks. Ill follow up next Friday and see what you all think.

• Like Like x 1
  14. invest in a jewelers loop or microscope off of amazon to check the trichomes. I usually take 3 or 4 samples from various parts if the plants, easy way to keep track of flowering progression. the pistols can develop slower than trichomes, waiting until the majority turn orange not always but can be too long for energetic bud and leave you with couch lock. all the pistols turn orange or brown after harvest, so I use pistol coloration but not as much as trichome color

• Like Like x 1
  15. Thanks. I have a loupe, but I was having difficulty taking photos through it. I can see the trichomes with my loupe in person. So you're saying if most of them are milky and some are turning amber, disregard the pistils and get that shit while the gettins good? Providing im after the energetic bud.

16. yea I go 20 to 30% for energetic bud 70 to 90% for couch lock

• Like Like x 1
  17. Also, I don't think it has much to do with whether its ready to harvest or not, but the pics really don't do the size of the buds any justice. These suckers are bigger than a toilet paper tube in circumference. Nomsayin. 5.5 inches around.

• Like Like x 1
  18. shit theyre prob ready then

19. just make sure you look at a lot of different sites and areas ive had one sugar leaf about 60% amber then 3 more cloudy and clear with a amber or two I don't go off of one reading the majority has to rule

• Informative Informative x 1