Is This Ready To Go Into Soil?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by stxned, Apr 25, 2014.

1. While checking my 3 seeds that are germinating, an hour ago, I found that one of my seeds sprouted. The white-ish part is the tap root. Should I plant it already or let it grow a little more before planting? Sorry if it's a bad picture. Couldn't leave it out too long.

Attached Files:

2. It is everybody's preference but I would wait just s fraction longer

Sent from my SM-N900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. There's no more sun out anyway and I'm growing outdoors, so it'll be in tomorrow morning. Thanks for the input!

4. Plant it friday night. Let it germ a bit more. 

5. I'll see how long the tap root grows by the morning. If it isn't a tiny bit longer, I'll wait

6. I never sprout in a paper towel. I soak 24 hours and into soil it goes. Im a brute and will fuck it up the more I handle things.

7. I never do anything but put the seeds directly into a moist grow cube or peat pellet and let em go.  The more you handle that seed the more chances for fucking it up.   I seriously wonder why people make germination so difficult.  Honestly, this voodoo paper towel shit is for the birds.  It has actually reached the point where I'm trying to fuck up germination just to see how far I can push it.  Take a look at this:   

IMG_0440.JPG

See that nasty fuckin tray, all that nute residue, dirt, leftovers?  Four dry cubes, seeds into holes, non-pH'd water (I'm around 7 from the tap) poured over the cubes, left in the bottom of the clone tent, no heat, lights cycling 18/6.  Four for four germination, and got this
    IMG_0487.JPG

Nothing wrong with those plants.  I've said it before, I'll say it again:  Mother nature doesn't need paper towels to germinate seeds, neither should you.

8. When I started germinating, I was still mixing the soil-less mix I was gonna use as the medium so I just used the paper towel method since it worked before.

9. When I started germinating, I was still mixing the soil-less mix I was gonna use as the medium so I just used the paper towel method since it worked before. Plus, I haven't tried putting it straight into the soil yet and I just wanted to use the method I knew to get it going. I'm gonna do it next time. I have 2 reg Hawaiian Skunk Haze I'm waiting to plant in July. I'll put those straight into the soil and see how it goes!

10. Update: All 3 of my seeds sprouted and 2 of them are already in soil. The third seed's tap root is very tiny just like the first one in the picture. I might just put it in soil already. A sprout is a sprout so it shouldn't matter if it isn't long enough, right?

11. Yep, a sprout is a sprout. I've never germinated anywhere but in growing media so I can't directly speak to the effects of transferring a tap root at one stage or another, but as long as the root isn't damaged in the transplant, I wouldn't think it should matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

Man we think a lot alike, going add you to my friends list.

13. I agree with the above poster.

The paper towel method is so stupid lol. Its seriously not hard to plop a seed in some soil. Lightly water it and watch it grow

14. Direct sowing is the best  :smoke: