Is this racist?

Discussion in 'General' started by RGreen, Feb 4, 2012.

1. I go to a pretty conservative private all boys high school where most of students are white. About 25% (900 kids in the school) of the school is black kids. The schools Student Government (all white kids) chose to give out free fried chicken at a tailgate for a BB game. A lot of black the black kids and even some teacher are pissed at the fact that they were choosing to give out fried chicken during black history month.

Was this really racist? Should people be mad?

2. No. Those people are stupid.

3. shit man if i was part of that student govt i watch my back. the black panthers are gonna come for you.

4. I don't think its racist.

They might have done it out of RESPECT for black people, I mean why would they choose to serve chicken in a school thats primarily white.

Do you think the student staff thought, "I hate ******s so lets serve chicken"?

Nah

5. God damn it. >disappointed smiley<

6. is it racist to assume other people are being racist when in the end it doesnt fucking matter.
    really bro? fried chicken?
    at least it wasnt cockroaches and rats. if they were blatently being racist tho beyond giving out fucknig food, then id say theres somewhat of a problem.
    but giving out fried chicken sounds awesome.

7. the chicken was for everyone right? no explicit signs saying "hey ____ come get your fried chicken, its your month anyways" if not then no its not racist. lol who doesnt love fried chicken. theres KFC in EVERY effing country in the world almost. and in ALL of the white suburbs too.

8. Cultural sensitivity gone mad.

9. Fuck no that's not racist. Fried chickens delicious!

10. tryna kill my people with all that fat and oil??? that is most definitely racist

11. everyone loves fried chicken.

12. that is so stupid... People are giving you free food, and you're just complaining...

I would eat all of their chicken..

13. Free Fried Chicken?

Fuck my school never had this.

Now I want some. :(

Can you save me a leg?

14. Since when are black people the only race that loves fried chicken?

God damnit, I'm white as fuck, and I LOVE me some fried chicken. Omnomnomnom.

15. They're fucking stupid for getting offended over that. Fried Chickens dank.

16. #16 GGrass, Feb 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2012

Only if they didn't serve the fried chicken with hot sauce!

I love fried chicken with hot sauce...

I thought the OP was going to say they were gaving the fried chicken only to the white students...

--

(fiction)
    The fat white cook was shouting to the unhappy black students who were pissed at the fact that they were only giving out the free fried chicken to the white people,

"You blacks have had plenty of fried chicken in the past. Now it's OUR time to eat fried chicken!"

Now that would have been pretty damn racist... I think.

17. I'd say its more racist of them to grasp at straws and call giving away food racist. Fried chicken is dank, definitely not racist

18. fried chicken is dank huh? im sure you love it when those fat oily trichromes clog your arteries too, HUH?

19. Chicken has trichomes?

20. yolo.