Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is this Powdery Mildew or am I paranoid?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by BudMarley530, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Hey guys, long time fan, first time poster. Got this really strange bud atm, smells stale/skunky. The bud is covered in this Powdery residue and I noticed a lot of small white crystals stuck to my jar. The stems are all grey and dry. I have been worried about powdery mildew since getting this stuff and figured if anyone knew it would be you guys. Much appreciated.
    P.S. my camera flash makes it look else grey but the nugs are completely covered in this strange powder.

Attached Files:

2. If you want to highlight something grey don't put it on a grey background. It looks fine but you'd have to crack open the nugs to see if it's infested. If you don't see what looks like little spider houses it's not infested with mold so smoke. Mold is pretty common everywhere.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yeah that's was silly of me, I'll try to take a better photo. When cracked open the dry bud varies from a sickly yellow to bright green. Btw if it's not moldy any idea what strain it is?

4. Does it smell like mold? If all that grey was mold, you'd smell it easy. Like when you open a bag of bread and it's started molding, you smell it. Mold stinks.

5. IMO... It genuinely looks like some hella bomb weed.

Some of y'all newbie blades need to quit being so damn paranoid.

"OMG! Is dis weed laced!?! Me & my homie started couging real bad..."

*posts pic of bomb ass weed*

"OMG you guiz... Is this mold!?!

"Did I get ripped off!?"

• Like Like x 2
  6. How does it smell, feel etc..Like the previous poster stated if that was mold you'd be able to smell it and it would be more pronounced and not look like crystals. Google moldy weed and you will see hwat moldy/mildew bud looks like. It does indeed almost looks suspicious at first glance cause of all the fuzz, even the most top shelf bud I've gotten over the years didn't have that type of trichome coverage. I do believe you just got some damn good flower there son and it's just coated with nice trichomes. Enjoy and take it easy that's probably some potent medicine there and you might want to take one hit and just wait 15 min cause I think that's all you will need.

7. What you should see is mold inside the bud. Tear it open and see if it's growing inside first.

How can you tell me this plant is not good for me?