Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

is this powdery mildew / mold ?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by lorens323, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Hello all i need your help . When i tap the buds something like dust comming of the buds , also buds smell good when i squeeze them but not on the outside.I wanna mention that the weed is really dried so maybe is trichs comming off or is this powdery mildew ? Any help appreciated , cuz i dont wanna smoke if its mold.

I can upload more screenshots if you can't tell from those ive uploaded

Thank you very much

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  2. well i blow the pictures up but pictures got blurry ,but i couldnt see any signs of mold ,,the outside of the bud looks fine too,,,.reckon if you cant smell any mold or see an PD either ,just smoke a bit dont inhale just get the taste of the bud .you should be able to taste any mold and smell it,,,but again dont inhale just roll the smoke inside your mouth ,,,but as ive said the bud look ok .but just do that taste ,and smell test first ,,,mac,,
    ps youd soon know if bud had powdery mildew i am sure of that ,mac.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Mac knows!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. @mactheman @PAOLO1981 Thank you very much for answering guys !! i have uploaded some more screenshots for you as high quality as i could . If you can check the leaves of the bud or

@mactheman My main concern is that when i tap this weed a dust-like comming out and is not ending , on my black table it shown like small green dots but lots goin into the air as well, can it be because its really dry ? Also ill try that taste test , but how powdery mildew suppose to taste ? Is it normal that its smelling nice only if squeeze the bud ? im not so familiar and also i probably smoked some of it before

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. @mactheman I did the taste/smell test . i usually mix tobacco with the weed , although now i did a pure joint test but im not used to smoke it pure. The taste it i cant really understand but leaves an oily texture on my tongue that i wanna to spit it out . Also it burn if i exhale from the nose , and the smell i dont know...its between musty and normal weed... but again im not used to smoke pure joints , i mix them /w tobac.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hello mate. To be honest myself or Mac would struggle to help further without physically seeing your bud.
    By the sounds of what you are describing... It doesn't sound too promising! BUT it could be totally clean and fine to smoke. Bottom line is we have ALL smoked mildew at some stage and it hasn't killed us....

• Like Like x 1
  7. the thing is i got like 20g from it... :D

8. Also u checked the photos ? and what about the cloudy thing , but on black table is small green dots , like weed tearing apart

9. I've had the same thing myself mate - Yes checked photos. I would be brave and smoke it!
    :) All will be ok mate

• Like Like x 1
  10. You mean you had the same dust-like comming off the weed ? you thought it was PM but it was ok ?

11. Exactly the same as you are experiencing mate yes!!!!
    I smoked it and all good :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. @mactheman can see anything in new photos ? And from what i describe from the taste/smell test ? :p

• Like Like x 1
  13. powder mildew is white.grey color not green ,,,plus ive had weed that doesnt really smell till ive squeezed the bud and only smelt ok then ..so reckon your ok to smoke it ..mac

14. Look, since you don't have shit like....THIS:

[​IMG]

Then you're probably just fine burning that bud(s) you posted above..

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. lmao... that took me back to high school days. :D

16. Hahaha good to know :D Anyway that weed was so lame bro i smoked a joint and then i was like fuck that and i sold most of it lmao

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. sorry was a bit inactive , the photo you posted is not available xD

18. so is that normal that when i shake the jar i store the weed i see dust like comming above if i see with a flashlight ? is that kief or ?