Is this potassium deficiency????

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by SlyTy7, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Hey guys I'm not quite sure what's going on with my plant. I've read other topics and posts but I can't seem to figure this one out. I'm sure a veteran could look at it and know right away but I'm still a newbie so please forgive me haha. The tips of my leaves are turning yellow and curling downwards. Also there is some yellow spots forming on the margins. My guess is potassium def. but im not Sure. But anyway here are some pics.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

2. If in doubt .....Flush! with 3 times the volume of the pot with air temperate Ph neutral water, allow to recover in dim light or over night, cut back your nutes by 50%, then increase your nute feeding  by 15% on each feeding until you are  at feeding then now.

Curling tips is (N) burn, with more to follow unless you flush, as you have choked the root zone and will continue to do so unless you stop killing your babes with kindness

3. ph run-off?

4. Well when I took these pics I hadn't given them any nutes yet. But shortly after I posted the original post I gave them a 1/4 feeding. The tips are coming back up and I don't see any new yellowing so who knows. Oh and I just now PH my runoff at about 6.2 is that good for runoff?

5. #6 blackmore, Sep 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2013
    You should post more info if you want decent answers.

Your soil mix, water quality, nutes, pH, watering frequency.

Im guessing here.....Since youve never fed her nutes before, your soil might be too hot...Looks like a slight nute burn. Stick with just water and let her tell you when she wants nutes.

Onthe other hand, if your feed water is above 300ppm, salt buildup is likely over time and it will interfere with nute uptake, particularly K and P. So then youll have to flush.

At 6.2 you're locking out Mg and Ca. Observe below:

http://boards.cannabis.com/attachments/plant-problems/281235d1325194867-brown-spots-some-twisted-leaves-some-tips-curled-down-phchart.jpg

7. Get some commercial ph up and regulate your ph to 6.5/6.8. Molybdenum will not be an issue if you supply the plant with the nutrient in your nute regimen.