Is this pot big enough for my plant?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by MajorToker, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Ok enough funny business. Lots more to mix!

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Only have an 80lb bale of alfalfa hay lol

• Like Like x 1
  3. I'd suggest getting a Wet-vac if you don't already have one, once that plant gets bigger in that huge fabric pot it's gonna have a lot of run off if you're watering it till it starts running out bottom, and also it's not suspended off the floor with anything 1-2"... so how do you intend to collect run-off to check pH & EC/PPM? Get a metal pot suspender or make your own with a grill or oven tray sort of thing, or a couple for that big pot lol just suggestions man, Hope you grow a massive beast :smoke:

• Like Like x 1
  4. You guys think i should just sack the pots and cut em? They arent smarties but still 7 bucks a pop

5. Its a no till. I will not be watering to a point of runoff. The bottom is lined with 1/2-1 lava rock

• Like Like x 1
  6. Also aren't you worried the root systems might strangle eachother / fight for space with multiple plants in a single pot? I've always heard/read from other growers you never want to grow multiple marijuana plants in a single pot

7. As long as i keep them at least 3 feet apart they should be okay. This thing is 22" deep! Im stoked

• Like Like x 2
  8. Are you going to raise it off the ground? I would strongly recommend doing so if not using a few 2x4s or something before you water that and make it impossible. Maybe you can graft all the plants together so they don't compete?

9. What strains dude? and autos or photos? Hey if it works go for it man, I've got 4 Northern Lights Autos going right now, 47 days old, about to be 7 Weeks from sprout. Growing is a great hobby I enjoy it! My girls are in flower

• Like Like x 1
  10. Those are my photos. Og skywalker kush, mazarxw.rhino, afghan cow, bubblehead.

@Homesteader there is carpet under the tent. Are you worried about cold floor or am i going to have a n issue?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Anaerobic pockets will form if you don't get some airflow. A large bag like that will never dry out in the bottom few inches if you don't have it raised up. Cold feet is another reason.

12. What would be good to use? Maybe the flourescent light grid?

13. Not sure what that is. I would use three 2x4s cut at about 2'. Three because it is such a large bag. Lay them down so you have a few channels for airflow. Anything about that size will do the trick I believe.....2" PVCs. THe whole thing doesn't NEED to be raised, but you want to allow a few channels at a minimum
    Personally I use dolly rollers for my 45 gallon bags but unnecessary for you by the looks.

14. I had 4 5g bucket tops i had already drilled holes in. If i use 5 it holds off perfect. No dead spots. Thanks so much!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lol look at my skunk. She has nowhere to go until I get my exhaust hooked up in my overflow area.