Is this possible ( indoor growing scenario)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by HIGHatFIVE, Mar 4, 2008.

1. I have been looking into growing my own for some time but I want to grow only enough for me and I want to keep it on a small scale - assume a budget of 200 - 300 dollars or so to get started - I could get more $ if I have to.

These are my ideas/questions, any help is really appreciated.

Use my extra bathroom/tub to put the growing enclosure or whatever in and keep it growing in their.

I do not know if this is possible but can you grow just one plant at a time or is it best to grow more, l would love to just grow one at a time, or one after another - any suggestions on a strain that is good indoors and is short would be great.

Also is just the bathroom fan going to be OK to use for ventilation and air flow, I have read that you should have more air but I am hoping to get away with this.

Where do I get feminized seeds( I figured these best as I only want 1 plant at a time)? Can I buy them online without worry even though I live in the USA?

And are those Aeroponic pot kits good or should I go with soil? The kits are not too expensive but I have no idea what is better -

I have already looked at lamp stuff and I think I would just get a reasonable priced HPS(400 W) and use it,let me know if you think otherwise but thats the best as far as I have read and you can get them for not too much $.

So the main idea would be a small area - growing short plants that do not take up too much room - one plant - as cheap as possible - can I do this ?

Thanks in advance for any advice or info

HIGHatFIVE

2. Hey HIGH,

Bathroom tubs certainly offer reflection and as long as there wont be confusion on if that bathroom is usable to guests, it can be a good spot. Where does the fan go? Its best if you have a way of pumping in fresh air, and exhausting old air. If you have high temps, this will be a must. Also, if smell is a problem, it will also go wherever that fan takes it.

If you are using bag seed and not feminized seeds, its best to start with at least a few as if your a noob you will make some mistakes, and if you are successful will have to take out males later. There are several sites to purchase seeds from in the "seed bank" section of this website. I cannot comment on the chances of you receiving your order.

Personally, I think if its your first time you should keep it simple with soil, but I dont know you, maybe your crafty and want to try something a little more challenging like hydro or areo.

A 400W is a good buy, however keep in mind there are different types of bulbs, youll want to read up on HID MH and HPS or using CFL's and whats best for you. A 400 watter is most efficient with 4-5 P's.