Is this pointless?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by fondhandler, Nov 8, 2011.

1. I,m still here in central CA trying to finish these 2 plants in my backyard. Looks to me like they still have 3(?) weeks or so to go. Temps have been chilly 62/32 Cold rain been here and coming again in 3 days covered them loosely. will they mature or just stay like they are? having a nice sunny day today, maybe 69, but will be 32 again tonite...Suggestions?

Attached Files:

2. Make a small greenhouse with 2 by2's and plastic. Then you can put a small heater in there for at night. You should be able to keep them just warm enough that way. Just a suggestion. Good luck though man. It gets hard to finish them sometimes cause of weather.

3. I'm in So Cal & the nights have been chilly so I'm bringing my plant inside at night. She still has over a month left to go. In fact your plants look more mature than mine.

4. #4 fondhandler, Nov 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2011
    They are in the ground. Long graceful branches with heavy buds. They aren't going to be moved. Was just reading another thread about putting a bucket of hot water inside my little make-shift tent then I'll put a sheet over the top, maybe that will help a little. Then off with the sheet when it rains again Fri. but its gonna freeze harder soon for sure... Oh well, I'll know to not plant the clones from those girls outside ever again. Only indoor. She's (they 2) been so beautiful her whole short life; sure wish I could bring her to her intended glory, but I will for her decendents indoors:) P.S. Can't really put a heater,it's been wet and I'm not THAT handy. Hand-LER,...not han-DY ;)

Attached Files:

5. I think the hot water would be a bad idea. The steam would increase the humidity inside your makeshift tent. This could encourage the growth of mold.

Marijuana is a hardy plant and should be fine in the cold. The rain on the other hand could also cause the plant to mold. Keep the cover on, but try not to let it touch the plants (again, condensation could lead to mold...)

Monkey

Your plants look great and should finish off in due time. Let the trichomes guide you. Judging by the yellowing sun leaves (nitrogen migration) they're close.

6. Update on chilly plants...Took a peek under the plastic teepees today... Geez Next week is supposed to be 5 straight nites of 30 degrees, then more rain. Im going to hang in there but I hope that they can still mature in those temps if I can keep them from freezing :confused:

Attached Files: