Is this plant too far away from the light?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by stankonia, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Easy bud autoflower, 2.5 weeks into grow. I've just tied it down and it is currently 24 inches away from the top of the plant. Lights are two led panels that are 125 watts each from the wall. [the other pot in the tent is another seedling]

I consider this a lot of light for a 2x4 tent. If it were you, would you move it closer? I don't want to get bleaching or light stress but also want to maximize light intensity...[​IMG][​IMG]

2. i usually stay 30in from the pot so i think youre good but raise it as the plant gets wayy taller in flowering

3. #3 Lucky Luke, Sep 27, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
    Nope, but you could go higher.
    You have a small seedling that only needs somewhere around 50 watts of energy. You could even turn one of your lights off and save some power for a couple of weeks. As a plant gets bigger it needs more of everything including light but when its young its requires only small amounts of everything.

You have some issues with your lower leaves. Your humidity is to high and the plants could be overwatered.

• Like Like x 2
  4. This is really helpful. My setup does seem like overkill for such young plants. Normally I start with 2 cfls on a hanging Y connector but I just went full throttle with these 2. You are correct about the overwatering, I overwatered 4 days ago. Autos prefer to start in their final pots but I'm finding it's too easy to overwater a small plant in a big pot. Cranked my exhaust fan up and seems to be drying out well. Lower leaves are brittle and crunchy with orange blotches, they will be toast soon, but upper half is in good shape.

Any recommendations for LED distance during flowering?

• Like Like x 1
  5. i think 1 panel but if you had 2 plants that size then maybe 2 but id want atleast 4 with 2 panels thats like what almost 300 actual watts

6. I'm sorry I cannot help you there, I'm not really up on the LED tech. It seems it can be light specific depending on the diodes or covers or something..
    Ive been trying to get my head around LED stuff lately but it all seems like maths equations and I don't math..

• Like Like x 1
  7. #7 stankonia, Oct 4, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
    Ok, she is now 30 days old, I can see a few pistils poking out of the nodes. I now have her 16 inches below the light, tied down. I have the same question...should I get the plant closer to the light at this stage for an autoflower under LED's?

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. More Perlite! Precision perlite course. I love that stuff. 20% in the mix. The increased drainage, resistance to compaction, and increased aeration would do wonders for those plants. They seem to be droopy and lacking something.

Vegging plants need very low light intensity for good growth. That's why all the CFL growers think they are going to knock one out of the park until the bud cycle rolls around. As long as they aren't stretching 24-30". I don't really go much lower in flower. I you use high power lights many strains won't tolerate much closer.

• Like Like x 1