Is This Plant Ready Yet?

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by MrGrumpy420, Aug 31, 2022.

1. I hate to ask. I feel like It's so lame of me to do so. I just don't know if it's ready yet - because I just don't know! And I don't want to fuck up. lol

Started from seed May 7th. And flipped to flower on June 22. Trichomes are not milky either but also not clear or empty. They look like glass. Doesn't look like empty glass - but like solid crystal glass that reflects light and makes them look bright. Hard to explain. Eventually I'll get a better lens for inspecting and capturing images. The buds are pretty beefy - like almost as fat as holding the fat end of a baseball bat. Actually I just measured the diameter. 15 CM is the diameter of the buds... the baseball bat I measured has 20CM diameter. June 22 was exactly 69 days ago from today. Thank you in advanced for your responses on this. :)

Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 10.47.16 AM.png Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 10.47.50 AM.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. And you def want your trichs to be cloudy and some amber

Sent from my SM-A025U1 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Why does the name on the wall remind me of a ransom note?

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. That's a perfect reaction! Thank you! :vaping:

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Thank you! Once I know then the next one will be much easier as they are all clones. :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. you got to examin the tricones you want about 80 percent amber
    thats when you know

7. They are not amber but slowly are becoming more white. The lens I use is weak though. Very hard for me to dial in. But it's better than nothing.

8. looks like it could go longer
    looks like it could have more thc

• Like Like x 1
  9. Nice plant! In my experience it has paid off waiting longer than I originally would.

You could always harvest partially. Take one branch, wait 2 weeks then next for instance.

I would wait longer before doing anything.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. That a Big ass plant to be micro dont cha think

11. There are several different things you can look for as far as your bud being mature. Your pistils will turn orange/red and recede back into your calyx. This is what is referred to as final bud swell. 20% of your overall yield will be realized in the plants last two weeks of growth. Your plant will stop using as much water as it finishes its flowering cycle. Be aware of this as it will happen within its last week of development. As far as trichome color, look for all cloudy as that will be your peak THC content. Amber is a sign of the degradation of THC to CBN. CBN will give you more of a sleepy couch lock high. Keep in mind that THC is what is responsible for a euphoric high. This is why folks harvest at different times for different types of high. Do NOT harvest early with all clear or you will get an anxious high which will make your pulse race. HTH

• Like Like x 1
  12. It's smaller than it looks. It's short and stocky. And I have not harvested it yet. I'd submit an updated picture but this stupid ass piece of shit device I am using is out of free space - thus rending this device completely fucking useless. I'll try to get an updated pic soon. I posted this about a week ago. The buds pretty much look the same. Maybe a little fatter. I may harvest this weekend but I want to get a pic sent up first before doing so. Thank you for all your responses. It's been flowering since June 22.

13. #14 MrGrumpy420, Sep 9, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2022
    Screen Shot 2022-09-09 at 9.06.59 AM.png Screen Shot 2022-09-09 at 9.07.05 AM.png

Removed some dick pics... we're good! (joke)

Plant on the left is MM1.2 (clone of mother MM1.1)
    Plant on the right is MM1.1 (from seed) <-- the one in question regarding whether to harvest.

MM1.2 has been flowering for about 2 or 3 weeks, I'll have to check my journal... but I am staggering plants in a way there I'm aiming to harvest 1 to 2 plants per month. :)

trichomes kinda seem the same as last week. They are not clear... they are not empty... that are like solid glass. Getting kinda cloudy... but not yet cloudy... and not any amber yet.

I don't want sofa high... I want to be high as fuck high... I want the MAXIMUM THC possible. I need high energy weed for high speed, fast pace, type of work I do. I cannot be locked to a sofa. I need to be ADHD squirrel cage fan speed ludicrous speed fast speed high lol

• Like Like x 1
  14. Nice plants. Good job.:passing-joint::smoking-banana:

15. Looks like that TS-1000 is doing you well mate!

Agree with the others that from just a casual observation, you need to wait a bit more, also side note, it is common for some trichs to never fill, or just fill partially depending on everything from genetics to environment.

So don't sweat it if some stay clear, this is a cutting from a sugar leaf (just because its easier to see) on a plant thats close to harvest.

At this stage of the game, I'm judging more on the brown / white ratio, once I see trichs starting to brown, typically its rare for me that the empty ones fill up much more. You can see a few half full or empty trichs toward the left of the image.
    upload_2022-11-3_20-16-18.png

(I used to wait until about 20% brown, but some recent readings are suggesting you may get more Total THC by waiting until its closer to 50/50) I think it was originally posted in @TimJ mainlining and more thread, but he might pop in and send a link.

Either way your looking good and close to the finish!
    upload_2022-11-3_20-20-25.png

• Like Like x 1
  16. I believe it was over on RD's vegetable garden thread. We were discussing Frenchy's hash making technique. I've tried various stages of amber and still like 15-20% personally.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1