Is this plant ready to harvest?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by pumpdink, Apr 13, 2013.

1. The plant started to flower 9 weeks ago. I was thinking to let it run for another week, but I'm not sure if it's worth it. Any ideas?

Attached Files:

• 4.png
      4.png
      File size:
      500.1 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      1.8 MB
      Views:
    • 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      1.5 MB
      Views:
    • 6.png
      6.png
      File size:
      1.2 MB
      Views:
    • 5.png
      5.png
      File size:
      1.2 MB
      Views:
    • 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      1.3 MB
      Views:
  2. Harvest now looks good

Sent from iPhone 5

3. looks ready to me. if you want to flush some more go ahead, theres no hurry. otherwise you can harvest now.

4. Is an extra week recommended or beneficial to the final product?

5. yes if you havent flushed yet, yes if youre looking for couchlock/sleepiness. otherwise probably not. it also doesnt hurt to check the trichomes with a microscope or magnifying glass. they go from clear to milky to amber as they mature - you want mostly milky trichomes, some amber and no clear ones.

6. Yeh man definitely go with the advice baumeister gave you :)

7. ikr Im awesome :D

8. Take a sample, quick dry it in the oven, toke it up and if its what you want then it will probably be even better once you harvest it properly! Good luck

9. this may get you a little high, but it will not give you any indication of how the properly dried end product is gonna be. make sure that if you do use heat for drying (which will never give you a good result, drying as slowly as possible without mold is best), then dont get it too hot. otherwise not just the falvorful terpenes and such, but also the active cannabinoids will just evaporate and whats left will be worthless.

that being said, Im actually about to manually do the same thing in a tea strainer above the toaster (more control than in a closed oven) cuz I havent smoked any in a week (and before that only scarsely for a month) and the guy I gave money in advance over a week ago is taking forever to get me some bud (I dont usually buy weed at all, but this guy got his hands on some really nice stuff recently and hes not actually ripping me off, just genuinely taking a long time) :D

10. OK so I couldn't be bothered to let it run for another week, so I chopped it! Gave it a very rough trim and it's going away for a long dry and cure, ready for the summer.

Anyone predict the final weight? Not got any scales so I can't weigh it. Also how long should it dry for?

If anyone is interested, it was cultivated under 105 watts CFL, strain is White Widow.

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      694.7 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      804 KB
      Views:
    • 22.png