is this plant ready for nutes or is it too small right now?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 1coolin05, Sep 21, 2019.

1. i have 2 bottles of botanicare cns17 nutes just the veg and bloom nutes. tomorrow will mark 2 weeks since this seed has popped and its been a slow grower in the first week or so and started growing noticeably in the last 3-4 days. im just wondering if this plant is ready for its first dose of nutrients tomorrow or is it still too small? its a northern lights auto and its being grown in ffof soil in a 5 gallon fabric pot. i was looking up some guides on autos and a lot of them recommend to start nutrients 2nd week, but i feel like this plant is still a little too small. thanks in advance

i dont know why it looks like so much water is on them. im not watering with a lot im using a half of a solo cup worth of water and the temps 80*F around 50-60% humidity. i used a plastic bag with a few drops of water in it for moisture in the beginning, but it was growing sooo slow

Attached Files:

2. what potting mix are you growing in,because most commercial potting mixes have at least 2 weeks to 4 weeks feed/nutes added to the potting ,,just noticed the marking on the leaves of your plant it looks like tobacco mosaic virus ,,if it is it could be that is slowing down growth ,it'l still grow but a bit slower ,plus yeild might be down too ,,theres no cure for it if is TMV ,,,but you will still be able to smoke it ,,,But it may not be that it..it could just grow out as normal after these marked leaves ,As the newer leaves top leaves just growing dont seem to have any marks or deformed leaves ,,mac,,

3. fox farm ocean forest

also had a feeling this plant was sick as well. just grew so slow i dont know if thats a genetic problem but i did put a little bit of spit on the seedling because the membrane and helmet were constricting the plant from growing the first few days they wouldnt fall off. i had to take the helmet off with a pair of tweezers and use a very little drop of spit to dissolve the membrane. worked like a charm the cotyledons shot out as soon as the membrane dissolved, but i dont know if my spit could've damaged it because it was so little

4. i think its got added nutes that should last the plant in that sized pot a good few weeks yet till roots spread out so i wouldnt feed it just yet,,mac,,

5. sorry i didnt get back to this yesterday, but if the plant were to have TMV what should i do? its my only plant right now i read that the buds will look bleached and im not really interested in growing the plant if the bud quality is gonna be shit i'd rather get a new seed. in terms of what i should do should i wipe down my whole tent or sum. i read that this shit is like herpes im bouta get a whole new pot and mix because its easily transferred from plant to plant

6. well to start off it may not be TMV ,,ive had plants that start looking like yours does and its grown out after growing some more leaves and nodes,,,,,,even if it does have TMV some growers say just grow the plant it wont hurt the smoke etc ,,ive grown a plant with it and the yeild was down but it did smoke ok ,,but if it happened again i dont think i would now,,but that just me your right to clean your tent etc ,,,so leave the plant for another couple weeks and see what its like after that ,it may not be TMV it could be the leaves have just a bit of mottling and not TMV ,,,mac

7. thank you for your help. i will start nutes probably in a week when the plants bigger because in the beginning week and a half, the plant was barely growing at all. in the recent 4-5 days, its been growing noticeably over the course of the day and overnight, so i'm not as worried as before.

• Like Like x 1