Is this plant good?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dan2003, Oct 25, 2003.

1. just under three months. It's definately not heat stress, the lights are flouros and are some distance away. the grow room is about 25 degrees celcius.

2. at 3 months old, and no ferts added, it may be a defficiancy........it will need a fert of approx 10-10-10, or somilar......a tomato fert will do just fine........are they in flowering?......if so, you'd need a fert like 15-52-15, but your in a dilema now, of making it worse if that is not the problem........but i think a 3 month old plant would need some food.........but it's your call.........maybe if you could get a clearer pic, with a flash, we'd be able to tell better.........Peace out........Sid

3. hmmn.. might look into it then, get my dad to help. I think the problem could be over watering so have taken the appropriate action. I realised the previous pictures might have been misleading, the majority of the leaves affected look like this one here. The smaller leaves are unaffected.

Attached Files:

• ill2.jpg
      ill2.jpg
      File size:
      25.7 KB
      Views:
  4. what can I do to correct this?

5. exert from greenmans page

Zinc
    Zinc plays a roll in the same enzyme functions as manganese and magnesium. More than eighty enzymes contain tightly bound zinc essential for their function. Zinc participates in chlorophyll formation and helps prevent chlorophyll destruction. Carbonic anhydrate has been found to be specifically activated by zinc.

Zinc Deficiencies

Deficiencies appear as chlorosis in the inter-veinal areas of new leaves producing a banding appearance as seen in figure 18. This may be accompany reduction of leaf size and a shortening between internodes. Leaf margins are often distorted or wrinkled. Branch terminals of fruit will die back in severe cases.

Also gets locked out due to high pH. Zn, Fe, and Mn deficiencies often occur together, and are usually from a high pH. Don't overdo the micro-nutrients- lower the pH if that's the problem so the nutrients become available. Foliar feed if the plant looks real bad. Use chelated zinc. Zinc deficiency produces "little leaf" in many species, especially woody ones; the younger leaves are distinctly smaller than normal. Zinc defeciency may also produce "rosetting"; the stem fails to elongate behind the growing tip, so that the terminal leaves become tightly bunched.

Zinc Toxicity

Excess Zinc is extremely toxic and will cause rapid death. Excess zinc interferes with iron causing chlorosis from iron deficiency. Excess will cause sensitive plants to become chlorotic.

looks like zinc problem to me, i bet your pH is off the charts!

Attached Files:

• zinc.jpg
      zinc.jpg
      File size:
      56.6 KB
      Views:
  6. have changed soil and will fert tommorow. Will Put them into flower tommorow as well.

7. am four days into flower and have three females + one male I think. Have ferted with all purpose fert, plants looking better.

8. ok, it's now day 11 flowering. Yellow leaves mostly gone. Will put up pics soon.

9. first (had to change location again)

Attached Files:

10. second pic close up. Are these buds forming or leaves? Should buds be visible at this stage? Have noticed white whispy things on internodes. These are good right?

Attached Files:

11. also, i think one of my plants is male. How long do they take after starting flowering before they should be separated from the fems/ start releasing pollen?

12. someone please answer my posts!!

13. if u think is a male, and u are sure about it, move it now... leave him in a other room alone... u can pratice makeing hash with him..

14. ok, I have moved the male out side. I'm almost 100%sure it was male, loads of little pods at the base of the buds and on the joins. Unfourunately I have no other lights or rooms to put him in so I've had to put him outside in the cold dark english winter.