IS this plant a Male or Female??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Crazy Cali, Apr 24, 2010.

1. I can't see any pistols. I see some orange spots and stings, but I just can't make out the sex. You have block views of the main stem where I usually spot my preflowers. The buds remind me of how my males look.

2. #3 Dirtbud, Apr 25, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2010
    I'd say a female but there is definitely something off with it. It should not have orange pistils already, unless it was pollinated by a male.

could be a hermie. I see obvious pistils. But I also see formations that resemble the male preflowers.

3. Try and get another picture and look on the web common places to look for female preflowers. I can't tell from those pics, but like Dirtbud said something is off.

4. could that not just be the strain? i unno...

looks clearcut-as-hell female to me...

5. I say Female, something I have learned latly, is the thinner the leaves, meaning not Wide, thick fan leaves, almost is a tall tail sign of a female, even before flowering.

6. #7 Cyrate, Apr 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2010

i do not believe that is true at all. Leaf shape is strain dependent not even remotely related to its sex.

7. its female if you zoom in on the pics you can tell pretty easily.