Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is this pipe safe?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ThatGuyAce, Sep 20, 2012.

1. I wanted to get a pipe and my friend told me about this gas station that sells pipes and grinders and all that. So I went to check it out and all the glass pipes were like super thin glass then I saw this metal pipe and bought that one instead. The pipe I bought looks really similar to this one 1-Metal Pipes - Novelty Pipes by GogoPipes.com just mine has a lid . So I'm wondering if my pipe is safe you smoke out of because I hear all these bad things about metal pipes. Should I keep it or trash it because I can't return it.

2. They suck but itll work

3. Metal pipes are totally safe. Some people say the metal affects the taste.. but otherwise its safe don't worry about it.

4. I think you're thinking about the aluminum homemade pipes :p,

I haven't really heard of it being bad for you.. I could be wrong though, all I know is they heat up REALLY fast. & its aggravating too some because you know, they want to smoke it :eek:.

5. I would invest in glass, I'm glad I did

6. Thank you and how would I clean this. It separates into 5 pieces: the shaft, the bowl's lid, the mouth piece, the bowl and the metal part that connects the bowl to the shaft.

7. [quote name='"ThatGuyAce"']Thank you and how would I clean this. It separates into 5 pieces: the shaft, the bowl's lid, the mouth piece, the bowl and the metal part that connects the bowl to the shaft.[/quote]

Just separate it, and soak it all in iso alcohol.

8. [quote name='"ThatGuyAce"']Thank you and how would I clean this. It separates into 5 pieces: the shaft, the bowl's lid, the mouth piece, the bowl and the metal part that connects the bowl to the shaft.[/quote]

the shaft.. haha

Uh well I've never owned this pipe. But I'm guessing all you need is some ISO alcohol and Epson salt. You can search on here, there are some tutorials you can easily follow.

9. Dude why didn't you just spend a few extra bucks for glass? Metal is awful.

10. [quote name='"HxCurt"']Dude why didn't you just spend a few extra bucks for glass? Metal is awful.[/quote]

Why do you say that? I'm curious

11. Metal can potentially affect the taste, plus it heats up quickly. But no, it won't kill you.

12. Taste isn't even that huge of an issue. I dont mean to sound rude, but unless you're a weed snob metal pipes are fine. I have chillum and mine doesn't heat up either. But that's probably because only the bowl is made of metal

13. But doc, 40 years ago on grasscity, a high 16 year old TOLD ME that metal pipes were safe!?

14. That's the same one I use, just different color.

I would get a glass piece but I'm normally on the move when Smoking and glass is so fragile. I can just keep the pipe in my pocket or my bag and I never have to worry about it breaking.

Taste's 'mostly' the same, a bit more harsh though.

If you have the means get a glass pipe, but yes this is safe to smoke from.

15. [quote name='"thesavagepony"']But doc, 40 years ago on grasscity, a high 16 year old TOLD ME that metal pipes were safe!?[/quote]

This made me giggle uncontrollably for a good 20 seconds, thanks

16. All metal pipes look the same imo. :lauging:
    There's nothing unhealty about them, except for the fact your pulling smoke into your lungs but other than that you're fine.
    They definitely do negatively affect taste, this is why I prefer glass pieces.
    Glass also isn't as prone to heating up quite as quickly as a metal piece will, plus the bowls are much larger and they contain a carb and smaller holes that connect the stem to the bowl, so less herbage is likely to fall through.

17. I had one of these when I was younger.. Tasted nasty and burned my throat to fuck. Just took the bowl off and taped it to many plastic bottle bongs, just buy a bong

;)

18. This is why I chose the metal over the glass for now until I get responsible with it and I always smoke on the move and I need a pipe that can withstand a little bit of wear and tear or whatever.