Is this pipe safe to smoke from?

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by poopdolla, Jan 30, 2013.

1. A buddy gave it to me for free but im not sure if i should use it yet, it's aluminum with a shiny green finish. Will i be getting any harmful vapors?

Attached Files:

2. No dude they wouldn't sell it if it was toxic

3. ^ this.

Even if its aluminum it isn't harmful. I could go into more detail but I'm on my phone and I'd rather not

4. Yes they would, unfortunately. They sell toxic chemicals under a multi-national label named "Coca Cola"... Do you really think that pipes have any better safety standards?

But to answer the OP's question, there's no way to know for sure unless you know exactly what the metal is, what they used to paint it, and what coating they use.

5. Are you serious right now man....like damn

It's fine OP I've smoked plenty of metal pipes and I'm still kicking after 5 years of marijuana use...

6. Thanks for the replys, haha it's just for snowboarding really as i have a glass bong. Idk the painted finish sketches me the fuck out but im sure it's fine. I just thought someone else in the city has one of these pipes that they use.

7. It's most likely powder coated and therefore heat resistant you'll be fine ;)

8. 5 years isn't enough time to really notice any effects, unless you go do a bunch of expensive laboratory tests.

9. To color and coat aluminum like that it is anodized not painted its safe as long as you don't use it like a crack pipe

10. Damn man you're feeling the need to troll tonight huh?

11. Troll? No, I'm just saying that you can't assume it's safe without knowing for sure what it's made of. And if there are toxins, they won't affect you acutely, but rather a VERY long time down the road, and you probably won't even notice the damage being done until it's too late. That is, IF it is toxic.

Now on the hand, IF it is not toxic, and you know beyond a reasonable doubt...

...have fun, I guess?

12. I know what you're saying sorry I snapped at you man. You're comment about coca-cola kinda got me going because they're two completely unrelated things but it's whatever I can understand what you're saying but honestly my mom and uncle both smoked metal pipes for years when they were younger and they're both still around so I just felt like you were analyzing this just a little to hard. :eek: stay high man

13. haha damn I just checked out that link and if I had $10 I would honestly buy one of these, they are too cool

14. The companies that manufacture coca-cola don't care whats in their products and neither does the companies that manufacture pipes lol.

15. Alcohol , cigarettes uhh 99.9% of pharmaceutical drugs are toxic/harmful.

And to the piece, fuck no

16. dude thats fucking awesome i would love one of those pipes

17. I'm getting the same pipe from amazon.con
    Secret magic marker diversion pipe it's gonna be awesome

18. Your fine bro people only worry bout aluminum because of vapors but you have to heat it up enough to burn it to do that anyway like tin foil. The coating is almost positively heat resistant. And on top of that youll form resin over the coating to pritect it even more so i wouldnt even worry. But if you still do then hold it in your hand and if its somewhat weighty its steel anyway but if its really light its aluminum. But seriously you have nothing to worry bout