Is this overwatering. *PICS* or not??

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Shimen, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Alright so i am giving my plants 10-15 mL of water about every 4-5 days. They are in jiffy mix seed starter mix. and about 8-9 days old. The second node has started to develope and i see signs of healthy root growth at the bottom of the cup. The curl in the leaves has steadily gotten worse. No nutes have been giving. And there are being grown under 4 36w 6500k T8 fluros. Um what else oh yeah Ph run off is around 7'ish I know that it is a little low. Any thoughts guys..

2. wait till they dry up to water. sounds like it's time to transplant.

3. Yeah i was gonna transplant on tues have to buy soil and perlite. Also i am debating on wether or not to buy fox farms organic soil or just go get some cheapo potting soil. I will be giving fox farm nutes though. What you think.

4. it's up to you on what you grow with/in. i like to use something i don't have trouble getting. if you're someplace where there isn't a hydro store then use what ya got on hand. if trouble comes down the road then you don't have to drive a hundred miles to get the fix you need. you'll get out of it, what you put into it. i try to buy the best i can get. i you can't afford the best, get something inbetween. fox farm is good stuff.

5. leaves drop when its overwatering, curling can be caused by several things including the fact your ph is to high, the recommend range for soil is 6.2-6.8 so you should shoot for 6.5.