Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is this old weed safe

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Keleseth, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Hi guys let me start by saying this is my first post in here after lurking for a while. My question is I have this weed from a few years ago and I’m thinking about smoking it but I need to know if it’s safe I got it like 2 years ago and lost it.... but I found it today while packing to move. It was in a dark and dry place , I’m mostly worried about mold but I don’t think I see any. Here’s a pic.

2. How did you manage to keep weed for 2 years??? That's like witchcraft or something most people would have smoked it a long time ago lmao

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. I lost it

• Like Like x 1
  4. break it open, if its mouldy you'll know.

as long as it still smells like weed... probably gonna be a pretty harsh smoke though! keep some water handy.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Smoke it through a bong or bake it and make a fire cracker prob gunna put ya to sleep.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. It looks fine just dry. Can't tell if it's safe or not by a photo but most likely it's fine.

I've smoked weed that old before. It's probably just hella dry. If it was moldy I think you'd be able to tell.

7. As long as it didn't get damp and go moldy, it should be fine. :GettingStoned: The flavor may not be as good as when it was new- some terpines (the flavor compounds) may have evaporated, but it should still be reasonably potent.

The stability of cannabis and its preparations on storage. (abst – 1976) The stability of cannabis and its preparations on storage. - PubMed - NCBI

“It is concluded that carefully prepared herbal or resin cannabis or extracts are reasonably stable for 1 to 2 years if stored in the dark at room temperature.”

Granny :wave:

8. Hell some guys dont even crack a jar for 1 year to use

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. #9 old shol4evr, Aug 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
    delete