is this nute burn?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by charlesCarnage, May 5, 2011.

1. also a lot of people would disagree about my feelings towards "booster" products. they are cool, but i dont think necessary to achieve great results. but other people know a lot more than me so i would keep listening.

-shodan

2. #22 GRoWiNWeeDs, May 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2011
    I use the full line of earth juice for soil, it works really well for me and I have read that it is pretty much as good as it gets aside from mixing the fresh ingredients yourself.

3. Just wanted to add, I have used it with fox farms ocean forest soil and had excellent results.

4. yea im a fan of the FFOF soils as well. aside from composting everything myself it seems to be some of the best soil around with easy and wide spread availability. as far as that goes both fox farms and earthjuice products are also easy to get a hold of.

-shodan

5. i just picked up some sledgehammer flush and ran about 3 more gallons of water through it and gave it half strength nutes hopefully it helps.

P.S thanks for the earth juice recomendation

6. just did the same thing with the other 2 plants. they are begining to show the signs of toxic salt build up too

7. I seemed to get that a lot using fox farms nutes, I love their soil but their nutes I am not a big fan of.. I haven't had those problems since switching to earth juice.

8. FF big bloom has a bit less N. i like to use it during late flowering. i usually use the EJ catalyst for the first 3-4 weeks instead of the big bloom. both seem to work great. both are organic and easy to use. the big bloom i will add is hard to burn with and also comes ph'd at 7. the one thing i wish EJ would do.

-shodan

9. #29 The Bunker, May 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2011
    Hey Sho. We talked about Canna Boost a while back. I've been talking with Lumperdawgz2 and Chunkdaddyo in the organic forums. They come across as the most knowledgeable and helpful for pure organic. Anyway, aside from molasses as an additive, they have turned me on to a homemade, organic bloom booster. I am sourcing the ingredients now. Alfalfa meal, kelp meal, and aloe vera juice. I'm picking up the juice in a concentrated powdered form. Throw them in an aerated bucket for a few days and you have a bloom enhancer for pennies. I'm oversimplifying a bit, so follow the "recycled soil" thread I started. Those two guys are ying and yang in organic advice.

10. sweet! ive been looking around the organic forums a bit. ive heard of alfalfa being pretty damn good as well as the kelp(which is use a bit of now). tea composting seems to be the way to go for soil. interesting tip on the aloe vera juice i might add. ill have to look into that. also thanks for the update. PM me anytime you get some good info. much appretiated.

-shodan

11. I have nute burn and I'm using hydro in a 4x4 tray. How many days should I flush before I add the nutes back? I am in the 5th week of flowering.