Is this nute burn or a deficiency?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Shiggs, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Hey GC first time grower here. I was reading a thread earlier saying how first timers worry about everything...Thats me... Haha

I was just wondering what this is and if its harmful how can i deal with it?

[​IMG]

You can see the little spots on it. Its 3 weeks old so far and i gave it its first nutrients a few days ago. I used a Botanicare 3 part feeding, 1/4 teaspoon from each. So 3/4 of a teaspoon.
    Hope somebody can help out :D

Thanks!

2. Dont give it too many nutes at that young, like 1/8 strength is what i would do. Unless you have nuted soil then wait like 3 weeks. It doesnt look like nute burn though because that usally happens on the tips of the plant. It could be water droplets that caused a magnifying effect with the lights and burn the leaves. This happens sometime to my plants, its usally not a big deal if its only on one leaf. If it appears on more than one you should worry.

3. It kind of looks like pest damage. Hard to tell. At that young, I'm sure it's not a deficiency.

4. The burning might be possible, i have been using tin foil as a reflector on the sides of the grow box and ive heard that can burn your plants. As for the pests i sure hope not! Its an indoor plant so the chance of that is pretty low, i hope...
    Tomorrow im going to go out and buy some mylar

5. What type of light are you using? That doesn't look like light burn issues.

I think you have root problems from poor soil or Ph issues. What type of soil are you using?

What happened to stunt the plant?

6. they look like hot spots to me. Tin foil can focus heat into points on the leaves and cause necrotic spots like that.

7. I'm using fox farm for the soil and I checked the Ph 2 days ago and it read 6.5

8. nute burn starts at the edges and works its way in, but It doesnt look like defiency either. Most likely hot spots like ganja said or bad genes. Possibly pests but you would most likely see those