Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is This Normal When First Smoking Weed?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by 21st Cherry Boy, Jul 28, 2014.

1. First time I had weed was with a friend. I usually don't smoke and tobacco was too intense for me. I couldn't really take it into lungs. After two tries I gave up. 

Then one day friend gave me a joint and I was alone at home and tried. I was coughing every time I take the smoke in... 
    After about 30 minutes (bit more or less) I felt like my body becomes more heavier, my head and legs and arms felt a bit more relaxed and heavier, but that just for few minutes. After that that feeling slowely started to fade. 
    Only inside my chest hurts a bit.

Am I doing something wrong or?

2. No, that sounds pretty normal to me. 

Spliffs are hard for me as well, as I don't smoke tobacco or cigarettes, so I try and avoid them if I can. 

Enjoy!

3. Look into buying a good vape like the volcano and you will not have those problems. Smoke is very hot/harsh and that id why you cough like that. Good Luck!

4. I always have to avoid joints for this very reason. A lot of blunts get me, too. I try to not smoke out of anything paper (joint, blunt, etc). I prefer glass, or vaping. I have a vape pen, works okay but it's kind of a pain in the ass and doesn't hold a lot of product. You could look into a larger vaporizer, like a table top, or a volcano. My sister has a volcano and I just have to say, it's the shit.

Last time I was enjoying an unmentionables night, I decided it would be a good idea to roll up a blunt and puff down. We get about 1/5 of the way through it and it comes back to me. I hit it, and immediately choke and start coughing, ended up throwing up, but I was pretty gone already. Point is, if it's burning paper it makes me cough.

I do smoke cigarettes, though, and they don't, but I'm also used to them. I wouldn't advise smoking weed and tobacco together, I think it's harsh as fuck, and honestly just takes away from that more expensive weed taste.

I just smoke a bowl and then a cig if I want one a bit after. Too soon and my throat hurts.

5. You got them baby lungs. Haha but nah thats normal for people who first start smoking. Vape would be best for your lungs, other then that just have to get used to it. My throat still burns after smoking sometimes, just depends :bongin:

6. It's pretty normal when you first start smoking. Tobacco was pretty harsh for me as well, so I switched to weed. So much better

7. #7 21st Cherry Boy, Jul 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2014
    Ok, tnx... But is it ok if it never hit me really?... I heard that people usually feel it, but for me it wasn't really much.

8. Yeah, a lot of people don't really get high the first time they smoke.

9. Fuck the volcano! Not worth the money at all. If you want a good vape that isn't gonna break your bank your gonna want the da vinci ascent. It's portable, discrete, and is the only portable vape on the market that you can use while charging. Also if your tolerance builds up you could always use the oil canasters it comes with for bho.

Sent from hink

10. I perfer vapes and bongs too but I once just sittin at home one night I rolled a blunt and then smoked it through one of my bongs...its was kinda nice, it wasn't nearly as harsh and it was a novelity idea I had...

11. lol, you obviously don't have the volcano Hinktron. I thought it was worth every penny.

12. Yeah I've had that thought, too. My lady looked at me like I was already too baked lol.

13. Everyone has different reactions to weed, but your description doesn't sound too out of the ordinary. You might not be inhaling fully, or it could have been bad weed. But trust me, when you get that high for the first time, you'll know for sure.

14. You are coughing because of the tobacco. Use an ice bong with high grade weed and you will be good.

15. Yeah get that tobacco out and try nicotine make me feel weird I shit

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum..grabba dabba goo

16. Switch to pipes or bongs, mate.

17. I use the atmos raw vaporizer pen. It has a nice design that makes it good for herbs hash wax or whatever. Anyway, I use it for herd ..... Let's just say you use fraction of what you would in a joint and have the full effect of the joint. If ya figured out how to use it!
    Funny story (gather up boys and light em up) haha....so this time I decided to fill and hit that vape pen twice while swingin at 2am on the front porch. Body all tingly and heavy .... I'm stuck .... I hear the bugs and wind hitting the trees ..... Stary skies. ... 45 minutes later I go sit on the couch and watch criminal minds......nothing sexy about it!!!! Anyway I feel good body tingling and suddenly there is a heat in my skin on my belly going down. I look down in there he is ...... WTF .... I thought alright I'll keep watching the show and hell just go down .... Then I feel one big pulse like I'm about to shoot a shotgun .. I'm like WTF .... I must be tripping I'll just keep watching the show .... Seconds later it happens again and this time twice ... . now I'm thinking I am about to explode here ..... I run to the bathroom and there it is like Lil Wayne put it into prospective "aaaah skeet skeet motha fuckaaaaa" holy fuck Hahahahah ah never thought weed could do that to ya!!!!

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

18. Happens to most people, I didn't really get high until my third time. First two times made me feel a little heavy and happy, but overall, it didn't hit as hard as I thought it would... I think it's because I had virgin lungs lol, meaning I wasn't really taking in as much smoke as I thought, but the third time I was positive oh man...  :cool:

19. So you are advising a complete newb who likely doesn't know if they really enjoy weed to go out and buy an expensive model like the Volcano? There are very good introductory vapes for cheaper that do more.

Next time maybe just suggest that newbs should stroll around the vaporizer section and research. 

20. Hey White Lighter, just because you are a noob doesn't mean you have to start off with a cheap vape. I told him to check out, IMO, the best vape on the market to help with his issue.