Is this normal? Week 6 of flower

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ElChoppo, Aug 5, 2018.

1. In week 6 of flower and noticed some weird stretching, is this normal? Elongated colas popping up everywherre.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2. not sure what cause it but stress like heat or light can cause foxtailing some say P/K can cause it too,,also it can happen in strains of cannabis that is more suited to outside growing ,,but i reckon if the rest of you plant is healthy i wouldnt worry to much about it,,,mac,

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Shit, what about low ph? Had it on 4.6 due to ph meter being out of calibration. Using pk too atm lol.

4. Seems pretty rapid[​IMG]

5. Light leak? Are you using a timer? Is it working right? Really cannot see anything with the blue light, yeah I can see what your saying, but one cannot see if its just a weird foxtailing episode or a light leak issue that could have even started a reveg!

• Like Like x 2
  6. When considering light leaks, also think about small indicator lights on ballasts, fans, or other electronics.

• Like Like x 3
  7. It might be the nutes, too much pottasium i think, hoping its just genetics though.

8. My autoflowers in my propagation area have some bad foxtailing as well. Usually due to heat/rh stress. Could also be bad genetics, but I've grown these exact seeds before and didn't have an issue until I tried to grow a set in my propagation area, which gets as hot as 86

9. Ah ok ive got temps upto 80 degrees max and 60-70 rh atm. Whats your rh at?

10. 30-40%, your RH is way too high for flowering, temp is a bit high too, you want to be mid 70s, my flower tent rolls around 75-78 with 30% rh

11. Ill try to get it down, cheers.

12. My RH may be a little low, you don't need to really get as low as mine is, but you definitely need to be in the 40s/50s.

A couple of things that I've found help with RH, sucking air directly from the AC vent from my AC. I also use 6 "damprid" cups in my grow room, not in the tent but in the room. Those help quite a bit. I do have two very small dehumidifiers, but I would try and stay away from those if you can figure it out without them, they add heat to the tent, which is usually the enemy, at least for me.

Best of luck!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Looks like foxtailing to me... As to what caused it. It could be quite few things... Id start with the lights...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. I moved them to 24 inches now. Guess the cobs are stronger than i thought at 18 inches.

15. Its almost always the lights in my opinion or genetics...

• Like Like x 1
  16. That's what my foxtailing looked like early on. It's salvagable, but not ideal if you can avoid it.

7-8 (2) early foxtailing
    8-5 (1) is what they look like today.

High RH and temps was my problem for sure, your problem seems to be a mixture as well, but mostly high RH.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  17. With that being said, him mentioning the lights is not a bad place to investigate either, there's still foxtailing on mine, but I have not corrected the temps or RH, however the buds that are further away from my QBs are way more dense.

18. Fair enough man ill see how they are today when the lights are back on. Cheers.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Nice recovery colas ended up being beautiful

20. Haha thanks, I'm quite surprised with what they have on them, that's really all developed in the last two weeks or so.