Is this normal size for 9 week veg of Indica?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TomTucker, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Just seems on the small side. Laterally they have maxed out my 4ftx4ft grow tent. Only about 22" tall under 2 600watt vivaspectra led lights. 20181125_133515.jpg 20181125_133524.jpg 20181125_135059.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Yeah they look small for 9 weeks but they look like they've been pruned back

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I did do a little bit of trimming because the canopy is filled with thick stalks and bushy ends so i trimmed to redistribute growth where I want it (the big colas)

I have transplanted them from 5 gallon to 10gal smart pots and will induce flowering Dec 1.

I will use Fox Farm nutes in flowering, used no nutes in vegatative stage. And I think I will add "Big Bud" additive.

I hope for at least 4oz per plant

• Like Like x 1
  4. Your lighting is insufficient for 4 plants. A 600w viparspectra actually only draws about 260w.

If you were hoping for 4 oz per plant - 1lb, you’re going to be disappointed as you would need to do more than 1.5 gpw which is not going to happen at the height you would need to keep that light to cover all 4 plants. The light should be about 10-14 inches above the plants during flowering ideally which just isn’t going to happen to cover all 4.

My New Grow

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. I did pull 2.5oz per plant I did last grow. Thread is out there. 5 plants in 5 gal Under 1 600 watt vivaspectra.

I have extra 600watt hps/mh setup I could add.

6. This was what I seen before I went led. Draws less still produces 600 worth of power. Efficiency Screenshot_20181125-150030_Chrome.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. 2.5 oz x 5 plants under a 260w viparspectra... wet maybe., highly doubtful dry.

My New Grow

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Don’t fall for it. All blurple leds mislead on their efficiency. So many people fall for it too. The “600w” is the maximum that the chips could do. They’re actually only drawing ~260w.

I tell you these things out of personal experience. I’ve flowered a plant under a 300w viparspectra. I know their limitations (many people on this site will tel you the same thing btw).

Do yourself a favour and just use your 600w hps to finish the grow and you won’t be disappointed.

My New Grow

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. There's nothing wrong with that light but everything in that statement of theirs is absolute nonsense

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. [​IMG]

This picture says it all - even in their description it says 260w actual and flowering coverage 2.5’X2.5’ and that’s at 22” above canopy which is way higher than it should optimally be.

My New Grow

• Like Like x 1
  11. This is at 28 days of veg. She is Critical Purple 20181125_173838.jpg 20181125_173935.jpg

12. Yeah. The viparspectras Aren’t going to get ya that in a 4x4 but that 600watt HPS would come close. If you’re wanting HPS yield with LEDs take a look at the HLG quantum boards.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Get quantum boards you wont regret it

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. I absolutely think you will hit that mark my friend, all day, even if they jump low like 10% in Flo, with vegetative structure like that your are gold balls! Every strain is going to be different depending on who, what, and how it's grown. So are you right for 9 weeks? I say Yea as long as you think you are!! But one thing is certain Veg is the actual foundation of the house, and Flo is the drywall and counter tops! You sir have nothing to fear if the big bad wolf starts blowing at your door!

15. You did see he’s using a 260w blurple led and thinking he’ll yield a pound right...

My New Grow

• Like Like x 1
  16. It's possible! He has the right structure, given proper training, it's possible, it may not be the best, it may not look like a runway model, but he has nine weeks of Veg, that's alot of vascular structure, and even if it was impossible, sitting here hypothetically debating its possibility is not productive to anybodies grow room, and could be potentially detrimental to new growers because without skyward dreams we never reach the sky! You all feel me?

• Like Like x 2
  17. 1.5+ gpw from a blurple led positioned too high above the plants to cover an area that it’s not meant to cover is not a realistic expectation no matter how you look at it. It’s nice to dream big but it’s better to be realistic.

My New Grow

• Agree Agree x 1

18. I love where they say "compares to a 600w HPS / covers 2.5'x2.5' "
    Haha

As for yeilds, most growers wouldn't get half a pound from that wattage. A pound from that light is not a reasonable goal for a seasoned grower, let alone a beginner

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. #19 DrDizzle, Nov 26, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
    Now that I read back through it again, you are probably right! He did 10 out of 5 with one 600, but I would still really like to see this play out!

Edit: OMG I am so stupid, I thought that we were talking about HPS this whole time cause I am old and out of touch. Sorry won't post late anymore!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. if you exchange the LED for your 600 HPS it would be possible. i have 2 x 600hps & 1 x 400hps and i pull about 2.5lb to 3 lb avg with 35 day veg & 9 wk flower.

• Agree Agree x 1