Is this normal for these plants to be this small on week 5 of veg

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Lulzhat111, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Hi there i am a new grower i managed to get my hands on critical mass seeds so i set up a grow in the my cupboard. I am running 600w growing led lights which has a function for veg and bloom veg is on and bloom is off, these lights are 11 to 12 inch from the top of the tallest plant. these plants where grown from seeds, these plants are going on to week 6. should they be this small i have also topped 2 of them and snipt some lower stems off to get sun light threw. are these too small am i doing something wrong. can i force flowering at this small.
    Time cycle -> 18/6
    height -> biggest one 23cm tall the other 2 are 17cm
    thumbnail_20190810_102021.jpg
    thumbnail_20190810_102055.jpg
    thumbnail_20190810_102034.jpg
    thumbnail_20190810_102041.jpg

2. Picture in normal light would greatly improve chances to give you proper help. What medium are you using? How regularly are you feeding them? What kind of nutrients are you using?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Using Professional coco plus, i am feeding them every 6 to 7 of 500ml water ph 6.7 with 1 bottle cap of formulex nutrient solution.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. #5 GorillaGherkin, Aug 10, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
    Small pots small plants, coco needs perlite when ya transplant, don’t forget to feed daily till 20% run off. How many true watts is that light?

• Like Like x 1
  6. i do have bigger pots but they aint going to fit in my cupboard altogether lol i am looking to buy a tent but i live in the uk so its discrete. is perlite the volcanic glass that has a relatively high water content, that you mix in with coco. Your saying feed daily of 500ml till 20% run off.
    im not really sure how many true watts how would i find that out remember im new to growing
    Specification:
    Power: 600W (60pcs*10W)

7. Yes they are very small for 5 weeks old. Probably a combination of poor lighting, too small of a pot, and lack of oxygen in the root zone due to no perlite. Also, your pH is way too high for coco - should be around 6.0 not 6.7. Good luck.
    Here is a pic of plants at 5 weeks and topped twice for a comparison.
    34 days old.JPG

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Is that light really pulling 600w or is that the power consumption that was advertised?

I believe your PH is too high, I'm in coco coir, my PH in is between 5.5 and 5.9. No defs, no problems, 5.5 to 6.5 is what loads of folks promote as being the happy zone.

They look like they're in thumbnails not pots.

How about you give those babies some room for their roots to do their thing?

9. Prob 2-300 watts that’ll flower 1-2 plants preferably one depending on the size of the plant.

10. 1 what strain is your plant is it critical mass? thanks for your help i dont think its poor light because there sitting under 600w led veg and bloom light which i dont know the true outflow what you can see in the photo the lights they sit 12 inch from top of plants. yess i agree there too small of a pot, also i agree with the perlite i didnt know you need that. PH okay noted how is the best way of lowering ph my bottled water is ph of 7 i lower it using the nutrients.

11. My plants do look really healthy but just not growing up words and out.

am not really sure about the watts budy i can send u and amazon link to them. Noted that the ph is too high. The pots there in are i agree too small but i would have to move them out cupboard and into a tent.

12. £65 lights and okay noted

13. How big is ur grow space? That light is only pulling somewhere between 200-250 from the wall,,it wont flower anything bigger than a 3x3 or under,,look into qbs (quantum boards) just my .2cents!!

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

14. Your light is not 600w - probably closer to 200w at best. What is the brand of your light?
    You lower your pH with pH down - always adjust the pH after you add your nutes.
    Good luck.

15. That light is less than poor, it only pulls 95 watts - not even enough for one plant.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. WAKYME 600W LED Plant Grow Light, Adjustable Full Spectrum Double Switch Plant Light with Thermometer Humidity Monitor & Powerful Heat Dissipation System for Indoor Plants Veg and Flower .... aww

17. Really ? ufft

18. wow,, i was off by a good amount lol

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

19. What should i buy

20. its its width 91x52 height 101cm