Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is this normal for a beginner?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Infyrno, Aug 31, 2008.

1. I've only smoke three times in my life. The first with a bowl, second with a water pipe, and this last time (I'm high right now :smoking:)with a bowl.

The past two times I've smoked my throat starts to burn. Not literally, but it hurts, feels and kinda tastes like there's char stuck there. Is this a normal feeling considering I've never smoked anything, not even cigarettes, before and I'm just a beginner?

2. yup. completely normal. smoke will irritate your throat..

just get something to drink.
    it should go away shortly after.

3. Its fine.
    I roast bowls like every other day for 3 months and i still get it.
    Drink 7up.
    hahaha.
    that may sound odd.
    But for me it really does the trick.

4. More likely it's the hot, dry air bothering your throat. If you take big hits, you're inhaling more hot, dry air which will irritate your throat more. Stopping hitting it whenever you start to get that feeling. After a while you'll get used to it and it won't bother you as much and over time you'll be able to take bigger and bigger hits. You might also be applying the lighter for too long, which will get the air extra hot. You'll get the hang of it.

5. If weed is dried to fast or cured wrong or pre mature it will burn your throat not the lungs. It burns to hot. If it burns the lungs it is expanding. My throat burns when I smoke joints or pipes. Bongs cool the smoke enough not to do that or I just know how to hit the bong better.:):hello:

6. Yup. What he said.

7. yea it is normal. It i normally the left over chemicals from nutrients added during the grow.

8. putting ice in the bong can help a lot.

9. it will go away after time. you just need to get used to the smoke.when i first started smokeing it was there but now i smoke like 5-10 blunts a day and dont get it ever anymore

10. The char feeling you had could be a result of caching a pipe that didn't have a screen, and you got the ash in your throat which, of course, can irritate things.

11. yeahh... usually happens when i smoke Js. sucks when i'm out when im blazin and can't get a drink tho..

12. Yeah, my bowl doesn't have a screen in it so that might be it. I don't feel any char when I inhale though. One of my buddies had a bowl and we were smoking and I got a big chunk of burnt weed in my mouth. It was probably just cause I haven't smoked much. That and it isn't the best weed you can get. Thanks for the input fellas.

13. yea its totally normal man. i remember when i started i wouldnt even wanna finish the session. But it goes away in due time.