Is this nitrogen def?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by richirich_99, Oct 10, 2008.

1. So i have 4 plants under 8 26 watt cfl's. They have been flowering for 26 days, and look good except one of the plants has started to turn yellow on the fan leaves. the other plants have also started to do the same, but to a lesser extent. The temps are around 75-80 most of the time, and ph was slightly high, but not too bad. I used a soil ph test and it came out to 7. I mixed up some blood meal-one tbls in one gallon of water. I shook it up, and let it sit for 2 days, then watered them all with this, while straining the chunks out of it with cheese cloth. I have been watering about every 3 days using water and schultz 10-15-10, 28 drops per gallon. here are a few pics of my girls. I also mixed in a small amount of bloodmeal into the top half inch or inch of the soil. Should this help the problem or is this not even a nitrogen def? thanks guys!

also, as you can see in the pics, some of the leaves are curling strangely. I have them in organic MG soil with NO time realesed ferts. mixed with 1/3 perlite. hope the pics can help me fix my beautiful girls. sorry this is so long.:smoke:
    this is just to help in case i forgot anything:

What type of medium; soil
    What brand and type of soil? MG organic w/ 1/3 perlite
    Indoors or outdoors? indoor
    What strain? bagseed
    How old are the plants? 26 days flowering
    What type of lights and how many watts? 6 26 watt cfl's
    How far from the lights? about 3-4 inches
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK? i water about every 3 days using 28 drops schultz 10-15-10.

What is the medium/runoff pH? dont know...soil ph is about 7, added blood meal hoping to bring it down

What are the temps and humidity in the room? 20-30% I live in an arid desert climate.
    What size pots? 6 inch pots
    Any bugs? Look real close. no bugs
    Any other pertinent info?
    i think i included everything else, anything that is needed let me know.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. anyone...help please???

3. my guess is that it's either:

a Nitrogen or Sulfur

I'd start with the Nitrogen first tho.

4. how long til the blood meal would help??? a few days?

5. anyone....i watered them friday, and they dont look any better yet...when can i expect it to get better? if it doesnt help, anyone got any plan b ideas?

6. dont over water em and lower your PH to 6.3 - 6.5.

also try putting a banana in your pot.

7. What does a banana due other than release ethylene gas... which i thought only effects the sex of the plant (supposedly).

^^
    That's crazy science, read up on it if you're interested.

8. i am also curious as to what the banana would do if it is a nitrogen deficiency. I havent watered since friday, and will water again tomorrow. should I will be using distilled water, i plan on buying a water ph test, and some ph down/up in the next few days. Also shouldnt the blood meal help lower the ph? Thanks again.

9. Yea, blood meal is extremely high in nitrogen, and it tends to drop pH... which is usually a hassle, but if you're aiming for lower pH, it's perfect.

10. well i just watered them again with part of the bloodmeal tea, and part of the normal water with schultz 10-15-10, 28 drops per gallon. Hopefully they start to get a lil better looking, they still look the same, and the tallest plants thats tied to the side is still getting yellower on the upper fan leaves, and some of the leaves that are already yellow are starting to turn a purple color too. if the blood meal doesnt work in the next week, then i need more help. Thanks everyone.