Is this natural yellowing or a deficiency?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by 808Grower, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Originally posted in beginners but- not getting answers I'm looking for-
    Any experienced outdoor growers ready to take look and let me know what's happening to my super silver haze at 30 days into flowering???

Okay- this super silver haze has been fantastic from the day I acquired this amazing clone!its In promix- light now is naturally 12/12 strictly outdoors and only organic fertilizers (earthjuice)- I thought I was doing great- and maybe I still am!? But check out those pictures and notice the yellowing starting on the leaves- is this the natural 'fall induced' yellowing I should be excited about? Or is this some sort of mineral or micronutrient deficiency that's lacking during its final 3-4 weeks of showing off?
    Any advise would be SO GREAT! Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. typically yellowng means nutriant burns, i wouldnt give it anything from now on, unless it's really dry no rain than give it some water, but be careful, if its only one or two leaves, when they go more yellow pull them off don't cut, pull it off the leaf may have just died., it can happen

3. You think that's it? I'm only questioning the advise because I'm using only organic products:
    Earthjuice (EJ)- grow
    EJ- bloom
    EJ- Hi brix molasses from sugarcane
    General organics (GO)- CaMg+ (calcium magnesium)
    GO- BioBud bloom booster
    And then just when this started I thought I might be a micronutrient or mineral deficiency so I picked up some earthjuice elements line MICRO
    It's organically derived micronutrients and minerals but I haven't seen any changes yet-

It's only been 3-4 days since I gave her the first little boost of micronutrients so---

I've just been under the impression that the organic nutes won't burn and u don't need to flush because of that?
    maybe organic nutrients can burn em?

Do you use organic nutes too?
    Sorry I'm fairly new at this- but pretty well read and lots of other garden experience for many years-

4. i dont use any nutes lmfao, i kinda jiust drop it, but thsi year i think im going to, but tbh they could jsut be dead leaves, if they turn more yellow and wilt pluck them, if any more start doing it, i'd take more action

5. Hey 808

Today is my first day as a member here, I use only organic also. I'm pretty sure too much of any nutes/fert will burn your plants mate ( organic or not)
    I've only burned mine once before... A few years ago now. If your leaves haven't curled up I wouldn't stress too much. Cheers.

6. Awesome thanks so much guys!

As far as just dropping em- u must have some great soil! Hahaha

Yea leaves agent curling or anything so- had a buddy come by and says its nitro deficiency at this stage-

Gonna go with nice layer of earthworm castings on top of soil. Should green up again an sustain till natural yellowing should begin-
    Thx again everyone

7. Do u realy think this is nutrient burn?Yellowing new leafs is Fe or Mn deficit

8. Those are not organic nutrients. They are chemically processed organic ingredients. Looks like u have a n def moving toward nute lockout. Alfalfa tea with epsom salts and kelp steeped in water poured over worm casting top dress...if u were using organic nutrients. And the other poster can get away with water only prolly becuz he made a organic soil. Step over to the organics section for a nice read or 20....

9. Yikes- nute lockout? Sounds bad- can I reverse this? What is the cause?

10. Well....from back when I was a bottle user I learned that nute lockout was a result of a salt buildup in the soil. The remedy is usually to flush a few gallons of h2o out the medium and start over with nutes. U want to flush them hard with ph'd h20 (oh so glad I dont have this problem anymore) at like 6.5-6.8 with no chlorine in the water and then let the soil dry out a bit. Then start ur nutes up again at 1/2 strength.

11. So, do you think it is too far gone? Or do you think I can save this beauty?

12. No,it looks healthy

13. Its just fine man. Just give it straight water for a week and start ur nutes back up at 1/2 strength and go from there.

14. Thanks so much brewer- have begun my flushing- still worried about it though. Might be too late still I worry- I did two things that I was told to before I got your note about the nute burn and nute lock-

1st- I got 80-90% ewc with peat and applied a 2" top layer to the soil. (Never saw results) maybe causing problems w nute issue still?

2nd- I got ahold of a master Gardner here that I get supplies from who told me to cut back on bloom formula and add some grow formula to its next watering. I did- 2gallon h20 1.5tbsp earthjuice bloom and 3/4tbsp EJ grow with micro nutes and nothing else.

Other potential problem- my water I use is from hose. We get white build up on dish drying rack- other household things (toilet bowl ring etc) it's like minerally water ya? I have seen it at the base of some plants stems too (white buildup) but not on my ladies- even those in veg- were talkin plants that I've had for a LONG time- cinnamon trees etc- advise?

Now my SShaze is still same color leaf wise- well some of older leaves have turned totally yellow and now gone but- yellowing hasn't spread or gotten worse- buds are still nice and dark green- however- their hairs are turning mostly red/orange now- I'd say 60-75% of them on all outer top colas- ill post pics asap.

Thanks again for all help and advice!!!