Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is this moldy?!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Marinbrb, Mar 14, 2020.

1. I got this 2.5 g for 5$ i took it even though my friend said its some schwag brick,soo i was wondering if its safe to smoke? 20200314_155304.jpg 20200314_155035.jpg

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Take a small CLEAN jar, dampen your weed and seal it in the jar for an hour or so. Open the jar and smell it! If it smells gross like the bottom of the laundry hamper, it's moldy. If it smells like cannabis, it's good. Then let the cannabis dry out again by letting it sit out.

If you have an ultraviolet light, SOME molds will glow under ultraviolet light. But because they don't all glow, this is less reliable.

Granny

• Like Like x 2
  3. To me, that picture says 1000 words/questions.
    How was it cured? Looks like water cure.
    If water cured, was it because it had mold, bugs, or a combination?
    How long was it grown?
    What is the plant type?
    How old is it now?
    The lists goes on, but if you ask my opinion, don’t smoke it if you don’t know if it’s mold. To me, I don’t see mold, I see weed that didn’t get proper loving and possibly water cured.
    Good luck buddy

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. What are u looking at that looks moldy? Just looks like some low grade bud imo

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

5. i dont see any mold but it does look like a water cure

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thank you guys,it does not smell moldy but looks bad thats why i was concerd,i guess am gona smoke it anyways and go get me some loud later on :D

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. To me, it looks like some of the "Mexican dirt weed" we'd get back in the late 60s/ early 70s!

Some producers "over-pressed" their kilos to make them a bit smaller, but it leaves the weed so it won't "fluff up". The weed that looked like that, usually showed up during late summer when all the better quality cannabis had been smoked up and the new crop hadn't been harvested. (And sitting around for 6 months or more didn't improve it, either, but when there was nothing else..... :coolalt:)

Indoor growing has done one thing, no more "dreaded summer drought" for you kids! Everyone can get cannabis year-round. In fact, I just finished harvesting my "Orange Bastard" (Agent Orange x ??? bag seed) this last Friday. And it snowed rather heavily last night! (I'm hoping all those clones sold recently at the dispensary are all OK!)

I am really of two minds when it comes to growing indoors. I like that I can harvest all year round, and that the neighborhood kids (and others) aren't tempted by my plants. I hate that my plants are dwarfed by the "less than natural" growing conditions, that my county forbids outdoor growing without an expensive license, and especially, I hate the cost to the ecology.

“Marijuana growers in the US are using up $6 billion a year in electricityMarijuana growers in the US are using up $6 billion a year in electricity– Quartz- 2015)

Wouldn't it be nice if we could all be legally allowed to grow our own outdoors and get enough for a full year and more? A lot of you are going to be working from home, or self-quarantining, or just being told not to come to school or work, and feel perfectly fine. Take advantage of that time! Email your politicians and tell them what you think (and it doesn't just have to be about cannabis)! Their emails are easily available, you have the time, so what's stopping you? :poke:

OK, that's enough of my hash-fueled ranting, :bongin:

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 1