Is this Moldy?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Is It Moldy, Feb 23, 2013.

1. I tried to post this in the Q&A sections but for some reason I'm not allowed to create a thread there. I have some stuff and it seems a little wet, plus it is covered in some white powder unlike anything I've seen before. Its heavy, what looked like about 1.7g weighed out to a straight 1/8. I'll upload a pic as soon as I post this. I have been assured its just THC but also heard from someone who smoked it that they were tripping. Mold, laced idk. Any second opinions?

2. This is the picture. I broke it open and the little bud on the left is what the inside looks like which seems normal. The part on the right has a powdery coating all over and the bud seems damp and darker colored green on the outside. I've read mold looks like spider webs and this doesn't seem to fit that description but I'm still concerned. I've smoked for a long time and never seen anything like it.
    [​IMG]

3. #3 fullmetal toker, Feb 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2013
    Yes. Don't smoke. ...that's just bizarre. There is mold on it but it looks like hash almost.

4. It is very powdery. I was just moving it around and the powder covers most the table where it was. You're sure about the mold though?

5. I was told (which doesn't really mean anything) that other people love it, and the person who told me that says they were tripping from smoking some of it. That same person laughed when I mentioned mold and assures me its THC.

6. Another Picture.
    [​IMG]

7. Throw That Shit Away.

8. thats what happens when you smoke shit that could kill you :devious:

9. Molds are common in commercially produced weed, along with many other particulates, and molds are one of the more benign things compared to many common chemicals growers use to maximize yields. Nitrates, phosphates, and heavy metal contamination due to chemical fertilizer and carcinogenic plant growth regulators. If your trying to avoid that then grow your own, complete quality control.

10. So you're positive its mold?

11. Last pic without flash, gives some perspective.
    [​IMG]

12. I've never seen bud look like that. I'm not 100% sure its mold, but whatever it is, I wouldn't smoke it.

13. Take WAS a damn fine nug at one time. Too risky, trash can.

14. Thanks for the advice.

15. Make some cannabutter with it.

16. Only an eighth but its fine to cook with?

17. Interesting thought, can you do something with moldy pot like make into butter or hash or oil? Will that get rid of the mold?

18. Is it possible to salvage the inner bud and take off the outer layers until it looks safe?

19. Lol, you are bound and determined to get stoned on that moldy nug, too funny. I say no to you!

20. Sell that shit, let someone else decide