Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is this moldy weed or just dry?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by neoLGR, Nov 19, 2013.

1. hi i got some buds from my dealer the other day and it had a spicy smell to it im assuming its the smell of the weed but i broke the nugs up and it was pretty dry but still had its form and also in the centre of the bud near the stems it had a little brownish color near the top of the stem beside the weed i im not sure whether or not its moldy weed or just dryed out

Attached Files:

2. Doesn't really look moldy. Does it taste bad?

3. it tastes like the normal fire i get from around here but i have never seen it look like that before he told me it was different but i dont trust him and the buds were dry so that got me suspicious

4. It's kind of hard to tell. Does it actually smell like weed at all or is it just some weird smell? Because there are some spicy smelling strains.

5. weed can look like crazy lol if it tastes fine and everything i wouldnt worry

6. #6 neoLGR, Nov 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2013
    the smell isnt strong and ive never smelled anything like it before it smells more like spices you would find in a kitchen or something but the smoke is normal but i heard that mold doesn't have to have a smell or taste to it but what throws me off is the brownish looking part in in the centre

7. hard to tell could just be old

8. looks like a touch of "bud rot". i think its from the grow room being too humid.

was the nug really easy to seperate from stem?

9. #9 neoLGR, Nov 19, 2013
    its pretty dried up it breaks up in pieces almost feels like bricks

10. Is it purple towards the stem or brown?

11. its brownish but im not sure if its the trichomes or the color of the bud

12. I have similar looking bud. I found very slight bud-rot on one small nug, rest seemed okay, double checked,tripled-checked, then checked again and the rest seemed fine.

13. It looks like it has some sort of brownish mold. I could be wrong but if u take the risk you might just end up in the hospital with an infection in your lungs over some herb. Happy smoking :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. #15 TheAnswer121, Nov 19, 2013
    looks a little off, but still smokeable. wouldn't worry.

smoke it :smoke:

15. OP so did you end up smoking it?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Honestly shouldn't hurt you and another thing mold is usually more common in damper weed, At least from my own experiences.

17. looks fine

18. i think it looks okay, my plug had very similar buds not too long ago