Is this mold? (Pic)

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by highvel0citypb, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Hey whats up guys, see if you can help me out on this one. I am new to growing and discovered a small bud with what looks to be from some research, mold...I have supplied a pic, its not so good but its the best i could do with a camera phone. I was told that mold looks like white puffy stuff on the bud, which is what this looks like. It has been hanging upside down in my attic for about 3 days almost, the attics temp. ranges from about 60-75 degrees F. I also have a fan on a low setting near the hanging bud, but not directly on it. If you could, please guide me on what I must do next, and when I should begin my curing process by placing the bud in a glass jar. Thanks for your help!

[​IMG]

2. Sorry man but I can't tell from that photo.. doesnt look like mold to me, but I cant
    make out the detail, so it might be.

Separate any bud you suspect has mold from the others ASAP.

You should begin the curing process when you can break the stem and hear a snap. There
    should be a little bit of bend in the stem before it snaps. You don't want the bud to
    be 100% dry. 3-5 days has always been enough for me. Then toss them in the jar for
    a few weeks.. burp them daily.. and remember that a longer cure is a better cure.

You should read some of the Harvesting/Curing threads over in the Harvesting forum,
    they are worth your time.

Hope that helps.

3. Thanks that did help, I am on my 4th day and I will take a better picture today with a digital camera and a magnifying glass, so please check back for better imput, thanks a lot!

4. That does NOT look like mold to me.

5. no mold, just looks very dank

6. Really? Cool thanks that makes me feel much better. Almost done drying, how long should I cure just that nug? a month will do in a glass jar?

7. Mold - No
    Trichomes - YES Good Job. :hello:

8. I don't see any mold.
    I do see lots of THEE HAYCH CEE