Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is this mold on my weed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Enables, Oct 12, 2011.

1. [​IMG]

First post here, wondering if this is mold.:confused:

2. i do not see any mold, mold kinda looks like cob webs on your buds.

3. ya like if you ever seen a moldy strawberry

4. Yes, that is mold (the white shit around the bottom). Do not smoke it.

5. if you are referring to the color of it it looks perfectly fine and i dont see any mold anywhere

6. It looks like weed. Plant matter doesn't mold..

7. #7 samcso, Oct 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2011
    no mold detected.
    is it old? Yeah that stuff looks weird I would not smoke it. Not sure if that's black leaf or purps lol

8. Yeah I thought it looked weird, I haven't seen black spots like that on bud.

9. If you are worried about it clip the black spots off if you can and then decarb it in the oven to see if the color changes...then smoke it. Weed comes in many colors

10. Are you saying weed doesn't mold?

11. Looks fine to me, i've smoked shit that looked almost exactly like that many times. Some of the leaves just have a nice dark purple color.

12. You've been severely misinformed if you truly believe that it cant mold. Mold is a very real risk during the flowering and drying periods when growing cannabis.

13. That's called bud rot, the grower had bud rot throughout the grow and looks like he harvested it, it's basically mold, (Toxic and un smoke able.)

14. I think that black stuff is mold too. My buddy had some weed that he kept at his friends house in a bag, and when he went to get it to smoke a bowl, it was completely black because apparently when he put it in the bag in the first place it was wet, so it came out looking like a charred piece of shit.

15. Thanks! The rest of it looks fine though so can I just toss the weed with the bud rot?

16. [quote name='"mhuuut17"']It looks like weed. Plant matter doesn't mold..[/quote]

Plant matter does mold, haven't you ever seen molding fruits or vegetables

17. Yes that is mold on the bottom. Mold accompanies bud rot, so do NOT smoke rotted bud.

Break it apart and look inside, and it'll probably look like this:

[​IMG]

18. Hmm... are u referring to the seed on the bottom? When broken up there is just some more dark spots, I don't see any white webbing.

19. dude just to be safe, toss that shit. medical bills are a LOT more expensive than a new sack

20. Yeah I will definitely toss that nug. The rest of it doesn't look like it has any on it though.