Is this mold on my plant? Pics.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by luckyjack, Oct 26, 2010.

1. I think I'm a week or two away from harvest, but I've noticed this on some of my buds and it's got me worried. What do you suggest I do?

Attached Files:

2. Im pretty sure that is just thc homie... its in all the right places.. it just looks like trichs to me. can u get any closer?

3. Nah, that is as close as my camera will focus. It's a real solid white which is why I thought it was mildew and not trics. I'm worried about letting it go in case it is mold, and having it spread to the entire plant.

4. Somebody else chime in! this plant is at risk. We need a quick knowledgable answer :) we do not want a fellow grower to lose a crop, do we? NO.

Thanks all!

5. Alright so I panicked and cut the lower branches that had most of the white on it. Now I think I may have overreacted. This is my first plant that hasn't been autoflowering so I'm not used to the timing, and I suck with patience. The thing is it did look like it COULD have been the trichomes but they were so chalky white I didn't think buds got that color. I think I should just roll the dice and let the plant go even if this happens to the rest of it? What do you think?

6. Its really helpful to get some sort of magnification device to check the trichs, so you don't panic in future. Little lighted microscopes are only $10-15 and you can get a much better idea what is going on with your plant.:)

7. 1. I just want to lick those trichs!
    2. MAKE HASH

Pretty sure that's not mold brother, instead looks like a damn fine plant and some trimmings that'll have you fucked up after some hash is made.

8. Alright guys I took some more shots with my good camera, and blew up a few areas. I still am having a hard time telling what's going mostly because I'm not quite sure what it is I'm looking at. So I'm hoping the magnification will help with your diagnoses, thanks again!

Attached Files:

9. crystals homie. your good

10. Looks like trichs to me, but goddamn that's a lot of crystals! If you're worried look at them under about 30x magnification, trichs look like little mushrooms or water-towers. I'm not sure what mold would look like, but I doubt it would look like that.

11. In the second pic the leaf off to the left side looks like it has patches, could be patches of trichs.

12. in that case it is powdery mildew. it is not mold. if it is white like that. im assuming. look up some photos! search powdery mildew and see if u can get a hit.

best,

sbm M.D

13. Hey guys, thanks for the responses. I've done extensive searching on here and google image, and it's still pretty hard to tell. If it is mold or powdery mildew, will it continue to get worse as I dry the clippings?

Also, if it is can I still make butter or a tincture with it? I'd hate to lose this entire plant.

14. i have had areas like that. speed drying them could kill the mold. if u used a dehydrator. then you could cook it up. since all u want is the THC. or u could make BHO or QWISO or somethin like that.

15. dont do anything till you know if its mold or crystal no sense destroying an amazing plant cause its too amazing

16. lookin good

17. Im not seein any browning or dying in any of those buds tho. That's what makes me think it isnt mold... I had checked my plants the day before my first mold attack. And the next day the plant was showing brown leaves and parts were just falling off.

18. Mildew.....And Game Over!

Frag Out!