Is this mold? (and questions on mold)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by herbHal, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Is this mold? There're only a few leaves like this. I found these pictures on the internet.

If this is mold, what can be causing it? What conditions could be causing the mold?

And how could it be remedied, if that's even possible?

Thanks a lot in advance.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. #2 Duckhead, Jan 18, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
    To my eye those pics look more like spots where nuted water spilled on the leaves and slightly burned them.

It could possibly be powdery mildew .... which is a terrible curse and an absolute pain to work through .... but the pictures lack the "fuzzy" look of PM.

Generally mold only happens on the buds, and then usually only towards the end of bloom.

It would be a whole lot better if you could post actual pics of your specific problem .... rather than some might be the same thing pics from the internet.

3. Those pix could well be some type of fungal infection. many times leaves are attacked by fungus spores that eat the tissues as they grow. I don't know what kind of fungus...that's very important to knowing how to treat them.

4. if its fungas or powderly mildew, a sulfer burner should help w/ the prob.
    anyway, if u can take a wet sponge soaked in antibacterial soap, & wipe off the infected leaves & leaves that are around those leaves to try to remove the prob, if it can be removed.

5. They looks like nutes crystals to me. Maybe you spray your plants with nutes and it was burned by it