Is this mold and if so how do I get it out?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by 1324kyle, Aug 20, 2016.

1. I had this piece for a month never cleaned it and stupidly never changed the water with pretty heavy daily use. One day when I was taking a dab I noticed a black spot growing on the reclaim. I cleaned the piece with iso and salt, with the reclaim gone it was easy to spot all of the mold. In the pictures posted below you can see this white and black spots around the water line on perk and the neck of the rig.

I have tried an overnight soak with iso and it didn't do anything. I also tried a 2 hour soak of vinegar which also did nothing.

I have learned my lesson please dont respond if you're just going to flame me for not cleaning and changing the water.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
    -Kyle

IMG_9834.JPG IMG_9835.JPG

2. try some bleach, and warm water but be careful it might make things a little slippery.

3. Thanks for the reply. Isn't bleach a little sketchy to use to clean something I'm gonna use to smoke after?

4. If it's not an expensive piece I would toss it. I'm paranoid though when it comes to mold. IMO that does not look good. You could try Grunge Off maybe but I would invest in a new piece.

5. not at all wash it good :-D

6. well the iso is flameable and the bleach isnt, what if u had of loaded a bowl with the iso in it talk about safety

7. The ISO evaporates extremely fast.

8. doesnt take long to forget lol,