Is this microscope okay?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by TheGorillaGardenFinder, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Check out this item I found on eBay: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=370692272949

2. You can get jeweller microscopes on Amazon that are even cheaper than that, plus there's a ton of reviews to help you make your decision. I just ordered mine for a dollar seventy something... I'll give a review and a link once it arrives.

3. That radioshack one is a pain in ass. U have to focus it and always put it on the buds. If u don't have a steady hand fotget it. Amazon has 60x jewlers loupe for $3 free ship. A lot better for me anuway

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I read another review and someone said the same thing

5. I bought the Radioshack one and found it impossible to focus. I took it back. My hands shake too much for that.

I am using some binoculars I bought for hunting that I broke. They snapped in two so I just turn them around were eye piece is closet to the plant and look into bigger piece. It seems to be doing the job. Now I'm just waiting for Amber to appear.

6. Your best bet is to just clip a small bud and place it somewhere stable so you can get the right adjustment.  A 30x will suffice in this case.  You will find a ton of mixed reviews on Amazon because most of the microscopes are cheaply made and often misabled higher magnification than they actually are (ie actually 10x instead of 30x).  Most of them look similar to the one you posted.  Guessing because most of them are also mass produced in China.  Stay away from the 10,20,30x all in ones as well.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008BXQVO2/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Got that one.

7. I bought the RS scope last year and yes I take little snips from several spots around the plant inside to a table and chair.. I've since bought several loupes of different powers trying to get a good direct view but find the 60x setting on the damn radio shack still gives me the best look.. Clumsy as it is taking the snippets inside it works.. However it could just be my tired old eyes..