Is this male?/Why does my plant look like that?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Gro808, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Two questions. The photos attached are of the same plant. It's about 1 1/2 months old. My question, as seen in the 1st picture, is this plant a male? And my second question, as seen in the 2nd picture, why is there so much growth between the nodes? I've personally never seen a cannabis plant grow like that.

Thanks for the help.

Attached Files:

2. Looks male, but wait until you see clusters of balls, that's the dead giveaway. And plant looks stretched, starved for light.

3. thanks for the reply. i haven't switched to 12/12 yet so ill wait. however i don't think the plant is starved for light. i'm growing other plants in the same space under the same light/conditions and the rest look normal. might be genetics?

4. plants will stretch like that when they are not getting enough light. i would recommend putting your light closer. take note of were the top node is and then wait about a week. if you find the sweet spot for the lights you should see another node start up within a few days.doing this will keep the nodes of the plant very short and compact.