Is this light the same as HPS?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by oh-la-la, May 14, 2006.

1. Two different questions:

Is this the same as HPS? No. This is a high wattage cfl.

Can you use it instead of HPS? Yes, but...I believe even those who do use this light feel that it can be used in place of MH during veg with no compromise but that HPS still would be better for flowering. I don't use this cfl so don't know for sure, just trying to recall what those who do use it have said.

If you do get this light just go pick it up at Home Depot rather than ordering off the web, if something goes wrong it will be a lot easier to return/exchange that way.

BTW, I believe this 65w cfl is equivalent to 300w not 500w like that ad says. Either way, those equivalent watts cannot be compared directly to HPS actual watts.

2. That is a bad-ass light though. I use those a lot.

3. Guys, my grow box is about 3x3x4 ft was planning to use 400 watts HPS, now if i use this fluro light it will work fine from veg to flowering?
    thanks guys, ill order either HPS or this light soon.
    Thanks

4. [quote name='toastybiz']

If you do get this light just go pick it up at Home Depot rather than ordering off the web, if something goes wrong it will be a lot easier to return/exchange that way.

quote]

Toasty,
    Does Homedepot carry this kind of light too? I went to Homedepot closed to my house once and didnt see any fluro light that has this high volt and also most of them were warm light. Please advise.
    Thanks man,

5. has anyone any idea how many lumens does this thing output?

6. Guys,
    Please advise, should i get used 400 watts HPS for $80 all take this light?
    Price for this light is awesome and it seems to be frindly with the electric bill
    thanks