Is This Light Suitable For Seedlings?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by halfstoned, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Hey people hows it goin happy Friday. Im planning for my outdoor grow next year and need just a simple lamp that will be suitable for starting seedlings. Im talking for about the firdt 2- maybe 3 weeks of the plants life. Will this do a good job for my needs http://htgsupply.com/Product-HTG-Supply-4-Foot-2-Lamp-High-Output-T5-Fixture ? Its 10,000 lumens. Or do you think its absolutely necessary to spend $30 extra to get a 2 foot 4 lamp fixture with 2,000 less lumens?

2. If you already have an HID or something, you don't need a special light for starting seeds. Otherwise, any t5 will work fine. Fwiw, mine go straight under the 400w MH.

TJ

3. Thanks for the reply. Atm I dont own any lights suitable for growing as im strictly just an outdoor grower. I just want to get a head start next year by starting a few weeks early with some t5s as they seem to be a good candidate for starting seedlings. So do you think even a single 2ft or 4ft lamp would be good enough for starting 10 seedlings or should I just get the 2 lamp fixture?