Is this light reliable?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TheBay, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Hey GC, since I'm legal through Prop 215 I'm deciding on growing about 4 plants under a dwc system. I'm planning on running a 600 watt mh/hps. I came upon this good deal for this light. Do you think this light is good quality and will be reliable? I want nice buds.

This light comes with 1 hps, 1 mh, 1 hood, 1 ballast, rope attatchment, timer for about 220. What do you think?

Brand New Apollo400w 600w 1000 watt HPS MH Hydroponic Grow Light System Set Kit | eBay

Thanks for the input!

2. Personaly I`d prefer to buy from a reputable online or local reseller. Sometimes even on Craiglist.org you can find some good deals on major name brand light set ups just make sure you can plug them in and let them run for about 15-20 minutes first. If a seller doesnt want to do that then assume theres something wrong with it. The problem I have with Ebay for grow lights is that their probably cut rate products made with lower quality components plus any warranty issues may be a bigger hassle.

3. Alright, I understand your point I rather pay a couple bucks more for a more higher quality light. Do you know any sites which have good 600 watt lights?

4. I have had two lights from
    WWW.htgsupply.com and both have done great. You can search for them and buy on eBay if you need to save a few $$. My 600w hps with cool tube ran $250 shipped. Definetly where ever you buy from, consider an air cooled Hood. They make a world of difference in controlling heat.

5. Didnt know HTG sold stuff on Ebay. Although I dont really use or look stuff up on Ebay that often anymore.

6. eBay lights are fine I know 4 ppl who been using theirs for years..look up 600w cool tube and get a package with 2 bulbs

7. [quote name='"tplat"']

Didnt know HTG sold stuff on Ebay. Although I dont really use or look stuff up on Ebay that often anymore.[/quote]

Yea, you can usually find the same products as their website while saving a few dollars and get free shipping. I just bid on the auction, then call them directly with my credit card info. I really hate giving eBay my money.