Is this light ok?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by tom.2k9, Dec 15, 2009.

1. I have been looking at LED's for a while and would really like to try an LED grow. Atm im using a 250w hps but i would like to grow 1 plant under LED to try and compare the results.

I am short of money atm and would only be able to afford £40 maximum, would this be a good investment or a waste of money?

225 LED GROW LIGHT PANEL RED BLUE HYDROPONIC 15W on eBay (end time 29-Dec-09 10:47:50 GMT)

If you have bought a similar light and it wasnt worth the money could anyone link me to some good cheapish leds in the uk?

I wouldn't mind building my own but have no idea where to get the bits from so if you know please post.

2. Power: 15 W

i dunno mate, people seem to be cashing in on the LED's on ebay, ave a good read up on led's before hand, that sounds too cheap!

3. I wouldnt buy that from Hong Kong....seriously, by the time you pay shipping and whatever the US price is, as it is in chinese..... you could easily buy something much better for the money....

High Tech Garden Supply

4. I was at a local garden shop where they were comparing grow rates between an LED panel and a 150 hps.. No comparison.. The LED technology just hasnt caught up with HPS.. I have seen it myself..

5. Yeah, I believe it...also, HTG has a GREAT deal on 150 HPS, ballast, hood, bulb all for 69.99, you cant find that deal anywhere, and that will give you enough coverage for 9 square feet of growing...