is this light O.K.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by newbie01, Nov 21, 2006.

1. [​IMG]picked one up at the hardware store today wondering if they will work well or if i should find some differnt ones.

2. No. this is a flood light and create way too much heat to grow with.
    :smoking:
    Use some fluro's or HPS/MH grow light system.

3. it said on the container that it was a plant light also its only like 50 watts

4. It might be a plant light, but it's not suitable for growing MJ. There will not be anywhere enough light coming from it to supply the plant with a fraction of what it needs, without getting so close that you burn the plant. Give it up and get another light. Go fluoro if you want cheap lighting. Goodluck :)

5. fair enough, is it a plant light to enhance the colour of an indoor plant or is it a growing light... It might work , but i don't recommend them, anyone used one ???

6. im def going cheap right now.....probably only 30 on lighting systems. so what is the absolute best set up...mulitple of those bulbs that are coils or lights that come in big bars? any advice is welcome

7. now your on the right track. Many people have succes with the coil fluro's or CFL's. They offer high wattage, low temps and they arn't a big long bar light like the others. I recommend 2 per plant - more if you can. Your looking for the highest wattage you can get.

8. I used a grow light Just like that and then Switched to CFLs and have had alot more progress with the CFLs!

9. If you can, use both. Use the tubes for side lighting and coils for the rest. How many plants you grow depends on the lightavailable. Try to aim 80-120w per sq foot.

10. For about $45.00 i got 4 hoods that hold 2 fluros (long tubes) and 8 40w 6500k bulbs.

11. Yeah, this light is incandescent, sure it's made for plants, but that just means it puts out a spectrum plants like. It's way too dim, however, and the amount you'd need to grow a plant would set your house on fire. If you're looking for cheap available lighting, go CFL. Check my guide I put together if you're interested.