is this light good for seedlings and maybe veg?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by sourdiesel123, Jan 25, 2013.

1. #2 tplat, Jan 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2013

T5 grow lights are great for seedlings, clones, teens and short 2-3 foot mother plants. Anything beyond 3 feet tall and the lower growth will suffer. How tall do you plan on growing your plant and letting it finish out at? However we flower under a 1k HPS light. You can swap out the bulbs in the T5 with flower ones but havent read any journals where they were finished under T5 grow lights to really have an idea on how the buds came out, how much it produced and how good it was.

2. you can flower under anything man... t5's buds may be a little airy/fluffy but will be just as dank as hps

3. I use two T5's 49w each, good for vegging, sprouts and as tplat says short plants. Good for 1-2 auto's but dont expect big yields, best to use a cpl of cfl's around lower areas if growing larger. flowering on mine usually goes that extra week or two but its a cheap light setup so dont expect much. Bulbs area cheap as well and easy to get hold of but tbh keep it on full daylight spectrum as ive tried a normal under 12/12 with flowering and didnt yield as well.

4. def a good for seedlings/veg

if you were doing 1 plant i'd say veg to 16" max with that light, 2 plants prob 12" height max for the lamps before you lose all light penetration / reflection.