Is this light good enough?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by tokerExtremist, May 4, 2003.

1. 150 watt , one of those outdoor lights that come automatically when u walk under it alll i had for a light , lol im poor

2. Hello I've only been at this a short time but i would look in to something else look on ebay they have old shop lights on there some of them are pretty cheap look around there are hps and mh lights everywhere i picked up 2 old shop light 250watt hps for $20 each at a yard sale once you use hid lighting you will not go back :)

3. 2 bulb 4' flouros can be gotten at Wal-Mart for under 20.00, that will grow bud, halogen lights wont.

4. I seen a two bulb 48 inch fixture at Walmart tonight for under $7.

5. I thought they were less but wasnt sure, one of my fixtures I got there, It was cheap and had electronic ballasts, no weight no heat and easy to handle. I used it as side lighting and hung a 4' 4bulb over the top. More light the better! They have been temporarily retired with the HPS but Im saving them for the future veggin room.

6. i'm gonna try to steal this 150watt HPS off the roof of dennys restaraunt. i dont think they'll notice:D. i need to get a light but my broke, jobless ass cant afford one. i might be able to get a hold of some cuttings this week (yay):).

7. It will do ok for a few weeks of vegging, but you will need at least 11,000 LUMENS of flourescent light if you want it to get some decent bud. Lights Of America has good flouros at decent prices. When you buy a light check to see how many LUMENS it gives off. 3,000 LUMENS per square foot is optimal. Home Depot carries what you will need. If you can afford it, HPS is the best way to go. Good systems usually start at about $130-$150. WWW.WORMSWAY.COM. Peace...