Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is this keepin my weed "fresh" or just dank?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by enjoyscannabis, Sep 2, 2012.

1. #1 enjoyscannabis, Sep 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2012
    I've made my stash jar and used my knowledge acquired through baking to keep my weed fresh. I take a standard q-tip, get it damp, wipe it off, and tape it to the lid of my airtight stash jar. The marijuana doesnt go dry and is still dry enough to smoke. I don't know if THC can "die" though, or if the marijuana's true age will make it not effective when I smoke. The weed still smells, but I don't know that it is a surefire indicator.
    Will the weed last and get me high, or will I just be smoking moist grass with no effect?

2. An airtight glass jar can keep cannabis fresh for a year in some cases, I don't think you will have a problem

3. Idk if it will have any effect at all really.

4. Mason jars are awesome

5. As long as you keep "burping" it (by that I mean giving it 10 minutes or so each day outside the airtight jar), from my experience it remains as potent, and sometimes even somehow becomes more potent with time.

Keep an eye out for mold, other than that you'll be fine.

Also, the smell of weed isn't always a surefire bet. I've had some truly stinky bud that was like smoking hay, and some sweet smelling bud that knocked my socks off.

6. THC does not degrade over time (time actually allows THCA to be converted to THC making it MORE potent.)

All that isn't necessary, just put it in a prescription bottle or an airtight mason jar with a rubber stopper.

Although keep it in a cool, dark, dry place because THC degrades in light and dampness can cause mold.

Freshness is not a very important factor with cannabis, like fine wine (except compared to years it takes about 10 days) of curing to become optimal, cannabis is better when let in an airtight jar for 3-10, preferably 10 days while burping (opening the jar and renewing the air). This will maximize potency and flavor.

Also the other guy said to burp the jar for 10 minutes but that's simply overdoing it. If you store it in nugs just take all the nugs out and rearrange them once daily, if you store it ground like me you can just open the bottle/jar, burp it then close it up and shake it.

7. dont add moisture. it can lead to mold and health issues

8. the best way to tell if youre weed is good or not is to take a really high quality picture up close, then go to a basic photo editor (ex google plus photos) and tweak the exposure settings. if you do it enough you might see a lot or a little bit of crystals on top