Is this is even possible? I got lucky.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by SlamDaddy, Sep 25, 2019.

1. I had 2 plants growing outdoors about 20 feet away from each other. I had thought they were both females but one turned out to be a weird looking male (possibly a hermie). I discovered this when I squeezed one of the balls a few days ago on the male/hermie and a bunch of pollen came wafting out.

The other plant is definitely a female and I thought, "Oh shit. All these buds are going to be full of seeds". To my surprise, I pulled a few flowers and opened the bracts. No seeds! The trichomes are mostly milky with a few (around 10%) amber. I was initially going to ask if I should leave it alone for another week but I'm not going to risk seeds developing. I believe I'll be chopping her down tomorrow morning.

Have any of you ever experienced a male in close proximity to a female plant and it not developing seeds, even when the male is definitely dropping pollen?

2. Pollen can travel thousands of miles.

4. Not at all, a lot of different reason, wind direction might be one of them

5. It may be fertilized but it takes a bit for the seeds to develop. It might just not be there yet

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yeah I would definetly chop her now. The seeds take time to actually become seeds so its probably been pollinated but hasnt yet made any visible seeds.

• Like Like x 1