Is this heat stress?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Askinforafriend, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Plant ain't looking too good looking to get it looking a bit better I've done a lil research and think it's heatstress? I moved my CFLs abit further away and pointed my fan directly at my plant. I don't have a thermometer but will get one very soon.
    Let me know if I'm on the right track
    Thanks

Attached Files:

2. How much nutrients do you feed it? I've never seen cfl's do that to a plant. I've had mine a inch from the plants and they were fine. Also the fan being pointed directly at the plant can't be good either. Someone with more experience will chime in. I'd start by cutting the worst fan leaves off that plant. How far into flower are you ?

Sent from my E6560T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fan blowing directly on the plant in the same spot isn't good. That's why most of us use oscillating fans. Could be heat stress if it's a 200w cfl. Need more info on the grow to help. Soil, ph, nutes, feeding/watering schedules etc.

4. Doesn’t seem like light burn is your issue. The necrosis looks pretty even across the whole plant. You’d see worse burning closest to your lights and less as you move away.
    My first thought is bad ph and over fert. Looks like a lot of your burning started with burnt tips and it’s just spreading. But only you’ll know.
    You’ll get better answers with more info.
    Best guess with no info. Good luck.

5. Over Fed. I had a couple leaves do that when I over did bloom nutes. flush, start at 1/4 strength mites. fix or it will begin locking out.

6. nutes not mites

7. Fans that don't move are only good for the top of the grow space or helping cool lights not blowing on plants. Plants need oscillating fans or they get wind burn. You can also get wind burn from running an oscillating fan too high on too young of a plant.

Do not ever underestimate the importance of good amounts of air running around the plant canopy. It's science, the two main factors that cause buds to grow large are plenty of air and light. You can't just give them one of the two.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Feed it some bloom nutrients that are high in P&K.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Okay so some saying over feeding and some saying under I'm currently giving 1.5 topmax 2.5 bloom and 1.5 grow (2 liter) by bio bizz ph at 6, my runoff is at 5.5 and cant seem to bring it up by flushing I'm growing in Coco. It is around 1.5 months old and I'm not too sure how long into flower I am sorry I'm a noob. Hopefully this info is helpful. I'm also pretty sure this started happening before I upped my feed from 1 1 2. Also can the plant die from this?

• Like Like x 1
  10. People are saying that you've feed to much because potassium deficiency mimics p&k nutrient burn pretty well. To the untrained eye or at a quick glance each condition looks very similar.

I would bet that those are deficient and not burned.

Does this look burned?
    [​IMG]

It's not. It's potassium deficiency. That's the first pic on the website.
    Potassium Deficiency | Grow Weed Easy

This is nutrient burn. Nutrient burn starts more on the tip and slowly progresses in from all the tips. Usually upcurling the leaves. Deficiencies often have a down curl but not always.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    How to Fix Cannabis Nutrient Burn | Grow Weed Easy

2.5bloom? Is that ML/gallon. If so that's low. I'm feeding about 8ml/gallon of GH flora bloom 0-5-4 when I get near flower.

Remember also that coco is known to need much more cal/mag then other mediums by it's nature. You should be feeding that at almost double the rate you would in another medium.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. 2.5 ml to 2 liters will take your advice how much of each do you think I should give it (2 liter container) thanks

12. 1.5mo is 6 weeks. If I refer to the biobizz feed chart for bio bloom it says in week 6 feed 3ml/liter.

In 2 liters that would be 6mls. It also says you can feed bio bloom by itself. With addition of the other stuff you're using you may want to go with 4mls and try it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. okay thanks alot man will update soon :)

14. Hi so the problem is still here and strong it seems to have taken over pretty much all fan leaves , I am now following the correct feeding chart yet still no change and new leaves forming on the bud seem to be having the problem too , do u think it will survive till harvest, can it with the little amount of fan leaves left?
    Thanks

Attached Files:

15. What’s your ph going in? Coming out?

Ez

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. That plant looks like its completely locked out of potassium. It looks like it hasn't had any for weeks.

You need to flush most likely and come back with plenty of p&k. That's pretty severe deficiency and if it hasn't reversed with feeding then it's locked out. You're making it worse every time you feed by contributing to the buildup in the soil of nutrients salts and continue to lock the plant out of absorption.

17. i did i big flush today the only problem is no matter how much i flush my run off ph is allways lower im putting in at 6 and run off is usually around 5.2 / 5.5. I will try again tomorrow and do another big flush but it does not seem to be helping my ph :/

18. in is 6 and out is around 5.2 / 5.5 no amount of flushing seems to be fixing this :?

19. I try not to worry too much about run off ph. It's pretty random. It's the result of all the chemical reactions that happen and what the plant has left behind. You could try flushing with a higher ph like 6.5. 6.5 is typical soil feed ph. 6.0 is for hydro.

Sounds like you did a pretty good flush. Did the runoff come out dark for a while then clear up?

That plant looks like it's hurting for potassium so bad.