Is this grow box any good?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by NinjaToker92, May 31, 2011.

1. There is no doubt in my mind that thing is over priced. It looks like garbage imo. $1500 for a storage cabinet? It only comes with a 150w hps. It says you can flower 8, 4-1/2 foot tall plants. With the 150w hps you would get like a .25 from each plant. Tplat has the right of it suggesting a grow tent. They come in all sizes and cost a fraction of that locker.

2. You could get a much better setup for less than 1500.

3. yea i have seen grow tents online for small personal grows that can go for anywhere between maybe $250-$700 and although i have not used one i heard the work great,easy to maintain and can be setup/dismantled in a few minutes by just one person.

4. I need a full system that will fit in a closet for under 1500

5. check out the grow tents they come in various sizes and can probably find one that may fit inside your closet

6. Is your avatar Mowgli from The Jungle Book? Good movie.

7. better than that. its Liu Kang from the first Mortal Kombat movie. right before he kicks the shit outta that beastly black guy! mainly because i just got the new game and its dope as fuck! hahaha

8. Lol, shit. I should have known. Mowgli never carried a bowstaff. Still a good movie though.

9. guys stop with the side conversation...can someone tell me where the fuck i can buy a good turn key grow box for under 1500?

10. Forget turnkey, unless you enjoy being sodomized. If you don't know what to put in your tent, you need to study more before starting a grow.

11. Sure it will work. That thing is similar to supercloset.coms offering. Is it a good one...well its a rip off. Sure its easy all put together but you can buy all of that seperately build it yourself for less then half or even a quarter of the price.

I paid 80 bucks for a 36x36x72 tent, 150 for a 400w HPS, about another 100 in ducting, fans, and about 60 for a carbon filter. Theres some other stuff but it was by far cheaper collectively to even include nutes, shears, ph tester etc.

12. That is a supercloset....dealzer is just reseller.....I have a supercloset and I love it....and it was a great value.....these DIY'ers aren't taking into account all that goes into it and all that comes with it.....I had no leg work....no trips to hydro stores or home depot, and no chance of failure......I'm sorry to say that I feel like it was priced well...with all the time I saved on research and labor, I think it was well worth it.....I have had two huge harvests and the cabinet has already paid for itself.....I have more ganja than I know what to do with!!!!
    It is a full on manufactured cabinet with great circulation and it seriously comes with everything....don't even waste time studying...you don't need to! It comes with instructions, a manual, and a DVD....I even called them with questions and they dumped a ton of info on me....
    It comes with nutes, ph kit, medium, TDS pen, cloning system and everything else.....I love mine!!
    Growing in it is really easy....I have left it for seven days at a time!!!

13. Ok lets start with a couple of basic questions that need to be take into consideration. 1) how much closet space do you have to work with? 2) will you be able to vent the hot air outside of the closet and room it will be in. Venting the hot air out back into the closet or same room is not a good idea. What you listed is one option, there may be others that might work out better and save you some money. The link below may be some other options to also consider.

Complete Grow Kits

14. I had no leg work. Amazon.com and the UPS man knocked on my door and gave it to me. Made one trip to Home Depot for ducting, zip ties, and tape. As for chances of failure..what failure. I turned on a light turned on some fans. A monkey could of done it. To each his own though.

15. Man you guys piss me off...

I say go for it OP.

Imagine if his question was about an overpriced bong.. No criticism there I bet.

16. I don't see the sense in a $500 Bong or a very overpriced locker.
    Research to figure out what will work for your space takes 5 min.

Google 2x2 closet grow or 3x3 or whatever and duplicate one that's producing.

But if you have that kind of money sitting around and you can't figure it out, then do it.

Good luck...V

17. If he was going for an overpriced bong I would say not to waste his money. Not all the expensive glass is overpriced. You have to realize, glass is art. Grow tents are not art. Functional glass art is allowed to be expensive. But an upmarked wall locker with cheap components isn't worth it imo.

18. Why so pissed? Are you out of weed? Buy a bigger light instead of an over priced box next time:wave:

And I don't read threads about bongs.

unsubbed.